Insurance for display home

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by Mark Laszczuk, 2nd Oct, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mark Laszczuk

Mark Laszczuk Well-Known Member

Has anyone had success in the past getting insurance for a display home? That is, have you bought a house that is/was currently being used by the developer as a display and been able to get insurance for it while it is a display home. If so, who did you get your insurance through?

Note: I don't need references to insurers or brokers (I have plenty of those). What I need is a contact who can get this over the line, because they've done it before.

Thanks!

Mark

2. billandye

billandye New Member

Insurance for Display Homes

Hi Mark,

Have you found an insurance company who will cover for display homes yet? We are having the same problems. I have contacted AAMI, QBE, Suncorp, Alianze, and they all said no. In fact, we were recommended to contact insurance brokers. Like you, we rather deal with a reputable insurer directly.

Would you be able to pass on some information to us if you have already found one? Are they any good? I get a feeling that it could be very expensive.

Bill

3. Chris.W

Chris.W Member

I bought my house orginally as a display home, and found it difficult to get insurance, as it is classed as a commercial property, so I went with the same insurance company that the developer was using.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia