Trading learning to trade!

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Triu, 10th Dec, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Triu

Triu Well-Known Member

Hi anyone here learn how to trade by themselves?

Or did you get a mentor or pay for some trading workshops!

I want to learn how to trade professionally but don't know who i can learn from!

2. samaka

samaka Well-Known Member

By 'trade professionally' do you mean you want a job doing it - or you just want to buy shares directly?

3. Triu

Triu Well-Known Member

Want to trade direct shares, want to learn about stop losses, trailing stop losses etc. technical analyis, while working full time.

want to do it part time.

4. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

5. smeggett

smeggett Member

Well, I pretty much taught myself by reading lots: books, internet articles (with a suitable BS detector strapped on...), etc.

I don't claim to be much of a trader (and generally buy shares for a long term hold), however it is handy being able to perform rudimentry technical analysis on charts (what is might mean when moving averages of different periods cross over, recognised chart patterns (head and shoulders and its inverse, wedges - both rising and falling, trend lines), what MACD and stochastics to name but a few other indicators are and what situations to use each in.

My general philosophy is to learn as much as possible, even if the information is not used regulary, as it can still be helpful for picking entry points (and/or ecit points) for any stocks you may wish to trade.

For me, the fundamentals also need to be in place before I would move to looking at executing a trade on a technical basis (which is usually buying on a pullback (hopefully once the turning point has passed).

smeggett