Managed Funds Australian Unity Property Growth

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by tony__, 17th Jan, 2008.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. tony__

tony__ Well-Known Member

Hi

I'm happy to conference call - excellent idea - in that way investors outwith Sydney can participate.

However my preference would be that we first meet somewhere in Sydney, (if only to exchange contact details). I would rather we made our plans without AU reading our every move.

Those investors outwith Sydney would still be kept informed by email rather than through the forum.

Maybe we can send our contact details, privately, to the forum Administrator and he can pass on the details, privately, to the various investors.

I note the unit price is now under $1. I'm now at the point when I know that the morons are just wasting our funds and that the price will reach .25c, and then the fund will be closed down.

Why would anyone put fresh funds into it - it is consistently rated the worst fund in performance against all similar funds - 119 out 119 - I mean how does one achieve such idiotic consistency ?

Even a monkey throwing darts at a Board would get some right.

Tony

2. Cherry Pro

Cherry Pro Active Member

Conference call this evening - 6 March at 7 pm

02 6214 3349

Hi All ... this is the conference call number to call into this evening.
    Does 7 pm suit all or should we make this earlier or later ?

Talk this evening.

3. oashman

oashman Member

see you all on the phone at 7PM

4. oashman

oashman Member

Notice that they have posted all the info as I told you they would. I suspect the unit price will drop to less than 50 cents within the next 4-6 weeks. But there is no point in pulling out now, we are already at the bottom, nothing we can do at this stage, the ship has sunk.

5. lorrimer

lorrimer Well-Known Member

A shame they didn't provide that kind of information sooner.
    So Westfield is the largest holding @ 37%. If you look at the Westfield share price it has gone from 16 to 24 and back down to 16 again in less than two years.
    Perhaps some good news concerning Westfield here BTW -

Finance, Business and Company News - Yahoo!7

Well cashed up and on the look out for acquisitions it seems, up 3 1/2% today.

For me this goes someway to explaining the large drop in the unit price.
    I think if we are all perfectly honest, had we invested a couple of years ago we wouldn't be complaining about the 50% outperformance on the upside.
    Yes they have been extremely poor at communicating, but can you really blame them? Of course they didn't want everyone leaving the fund and missing out on all their 2% management fees.
    Unfortunately I really don't think we have much of a case. Any claim for compensation would be fiercely contested by them and also the industry and would take years. To give us any kind of payout would have huge ramifications for other funds that lost their clients large sums of money.
    As I have stated before my Macquarie Property income fund has performed even worse, however I was aware that this fund was geared, so only myself to blame.
    I have been involved before in battles such as this and have come to the conclusion that it simply isn't good for one's health, never mind the amount of time it takes up.
    I though I had a good case before, but got absolutely nowhere. Remember these large companies and their lawyers are extremely good at covering their backs with the small print.

6. oashman

oashman Member

Lorrimer: Yes funds are down in the property market. The point, once again, is that they did not disclose figures in a timely fashion. And you say "but can you really blame them?" -- the answer is: YES. Who else would you like us to blame for their devious communication practices? And the fact that they went up 50% last year when the market was fabulous does not change the facts today. The effective fund manager maximises profits and minimises losses. They have not done so. What exactly is the achievement in getting +50% followed by -60%? You are still down by 10%!!

7. lorrimer

8. DaveJ__

DaveJ__ Well-Known Member

Not Quite...
    Yr 0 = Starting at $100k

Yr 1 = +50% = $100k + $50k = $150k

Yr 2 = -60% = $150k - $90k = $60k

:eek::eek::eek:

(Not assuming Tax & dividends etc)

9. oashman

oashman Member

Right, just proves my point! You lose a lot more than you gain!

10. oashman

oashman Member

No one dialled into the conference call tonight.
    Seems we will not be moving forward, I cannot do this myself without others' support and participation. Thanks Amelia for organising the conference call number

Last edited by a moderator: 7th Mar, 2008
  11. oashman

oashman Member

Where has everyone disappeared? Days without any posts or replies, no one cares? Very strange, a lively discussion going totally dead.

12. lorrimer

Oashman, this forum in general has been very quiet recently. I think it's a case of many people having been hit quite badly. Enthusiasm in investing has understandably wained.
    Perhaps that's not such a bad thing and could be a sign that we're nearing the bottom. Let's hope so.
    On the LPT front, it was interesting to see that the index was up today, outperforming the ASX for the first time in ages.

13. Cherry Pro

Cherry Pro Active Member

Hi guys ... like I said on the other AU post... I pulled out on Friday ... will look at ETFs but for now ... there's safety in cash.

Don't know where Tony disappeared to, he was supposed to have dialled in
    last week.

14. oashman

oashman Member

92 cents and dropping!!!

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.