45 day rule

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by wishiwasageek, 28th Jan, 2009.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wishiwasageek

wishiwasageek New Member

How does the exemption for small investor holders work?
    Is the entitlement of $5,000 franking rebate per equity or for all franking rebates recieved from all sources for that financial year?

2. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

3. wishiwasageek

wishiwasageek New Member

what about SMSF? with stat. formula??

Thanks heaps for your reply - I couldn't find that page on the ATO site when I searched. so that's individuals sorted - BUT

What about a complying SMSF? The master financial planning guide says "Entities such as complying superannuation funds...can elect to be taken to be qualified for franking credits or rebates up to a limit calculated in accordance with a statuatory formula"

well I found this: Tax Office releases franking credit and rebate yields
    but I'm none the wiser cause - what's the $limit for a "large" portfolio, plus this link is related to 1998 - any more up to date info??:confused:

Thanx in advance

Last edited by a moderator: 29th Jan, 2009
  4. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's old, it talks about 36% corporate tax rate which was around in 1998. Nowadays (2009) it's 30%.
    If you have a SMSF it's wise to talk to the adviser who helped you set it up.
    Is this for an assignment as your quoting master financial planning guide?
    Dividends paid to a normal super fund, would also receive halve the franking credit back (eg, the difference between the corporate tax rate and the super fund income tax rate = 30% - 15% = 15%).

Cheers,

Dan

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia