1st time caller....

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by Sunstoke, 8th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sunstoke

Sunstoke New Member

Hey Everyone :)

Just joined up tonight, found this place via Google search, looks like an interesting place to ask questions & learn.

I am looking at setting up a SMSF & investing my current Super money into precious metals for the time being.

The investment / management side is new to me, however I am ready to jump in & take responsibility for my financial future rather than have someone else dictate my financial outcomes.

What do I need to do in regards to setting all this up? Obviously I need to choose a SMSF, a PM broker, a storage facility, then a yearly audit. What other requirements do I need to be aware of - both financially, legally & tax wise?

Thanks in advance!
    Tim

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

First thing would be to read the SIS Act and its regulations. This may be a bit complex so start with a good book on SMSFs and look at the legistation as it is mentioned.

Then go and get some financial advice.

3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Hi @Sunstoke - approximately how much will you have to invest in your SMSF?

The costs of administration and compliance can be prohibitive for smaller balances.

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.