Alternative investment

Discussion in 'Other Asset Classes' started by Tropo, 25th Jul, 2013.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

2. Towers

Towers New Member

Thanks for the link!

I just entered this forum to ask about alternative investments options. Can you recommend any other alternative investment other then art? It seems to me that it requires a bit more money that I care to invest...
    :confused:

2 people like this.
  3. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

No recommendation from my side but, some people collect antiques, wine, coins, stamps, old cars, gold, silver, platinum etc...
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...lls-for-record-1-1-million-at-christie-s.html

Last edited by a moderator: 12th Nov, 2013
    2 people like this.
  4. Andreadylon

Andreadylon Member

Investment in stock market is a good option to earn second income . But being a beginner I will suggest you to start with your surplus funds along with a low investment. And instead of trading on your own, start trading with Social trading platform where you just need to discover experienced traders with a good return and create a portfolio of successful investors, copy their trades on to your account. Monitor their performance time to time, this will help you to understand market. The other option could be start trading on your own with a Demo account where you will get a trading experience replicate to a Live account with the virtual money. Once you get EXPERTISE in trading and markets, how it works, how to trade, then you can shift to a real amount/account.

2 people like this.
  5. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

now i don't invest in this area , but the folks i know that do ,
    start with a hobby( passion ) they know very well , whether coins , stamps , watches , comics , or even designer handbags .

so you should probably start with your favourite hobby ( even rare books can do well )

6. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

i have become aware of a female who collects ( older ) dolls and stuffed toys , again not a field i know much about BUT a searching eye and a solid skill could work wonders .

my mum ( when she was alive ) collected 'pretty things ' now they call it 'Art Deco' it would have been easy to hire a skip bin and load the contents of the house into it , but am much happier ( now ) that i took a little extra time .and care .

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia