Haven't received dividend payment from RIO

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by inspiredbyprop, 23rd Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. inspiredbyprop

inspiredbyprop Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I bought some RIO shares on 22 July which settled on 26 July (+2 business days) and this is before the ex-dividend date of 11 Aug.
    Now, I'm expecting the interim dividend to be paid out yesterday 22 Sep but I haven't received.

Could you please help to advise what's wrong? I have tried to search about the dividend eligibility but no luck and I will also check with the broker Monday next week to confirm.

Thanks in advance,
    ILC

2. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

Have you logged into Computershare?

I see my RIO div payment in there, I haven't received it yet however.

3. inspiredbyprop

Thanks @Hodor.

I just logged into Computershare and it looks like I'm going to receive the payment by cheque and payment status is Unpresented (so on its way and hope to receive it soon).

Although I purchase most of my stocks on the same trading account, it doesn't seem to have a consistent account information (TFN, dividend payment, etc) attached to all of the stocks in the registry office. Hence, I need to log into the registry website and update them one by one. What a PITA.

I wonder how does investor with >20 stocks and registered across multiple different registry manage their account? I thought the trading platform (Commsec, ANZShare, etc.) should have the information and propagate it into the registry office.

4. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

I have Commsec and Bell Direct ( both basic accounts )

with Commsec you can ( somewhere ) set Commsec to automatically capture all dividends that are paid electronically ( regardless of share registry )

Bell Direct doesn't ( you have to do it all the hard way )

now each account has a separate HIN, so Commsec will not grab divs to be paid to the Bell Direct even if you have a holding of the same share ( say CCL ) in each account

I haven't tweaked my Commsec account recently ( they have modified the site at least twice since I set my account up ) one thing you might like to consider are the DRP schemes available on some shares , that might work to your advantage .

good luck

5. inspiredbyprop

Just a quick update, I have received the cheque today. Cheers All!

6. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

a happy ending , very nice , cheers !