Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Al1979

Al1979 Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

As you may have seen I am extremely new to shares. I have gained a lot of my property knowledge from listening to podcasts. I spend about 3 to 4 hours a day in the car and don't really like music so I have listened to A LOT of podcasts.

Anyway I was wondering if there are any good podcasts that are based on the Australian share market. Something for beginners would be fantastic.

Cheers

Al

4 people like this.
  2. hobo

hobo Well-Known Member

I asked a similar question a little while back (although slightly more broad) - the replies there might be useful?

Investing-related podcasts?

4 people like this.
  3. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

Value investing podcast | thought leader interviews

I don't have a link know much about podcasts, just search "value investing" to find that one, came up first in my player. Some interesting talks.

I find books better myself as I can go at my own pace to understand what I am reading.

4 people like this.
  4. Al1979

Al1979 Well-Known Member

I will check it out Hodor. Yeah the problem with books is I can't read and drive!

On that idea, if anyone knows of any good audiobooks or apps you can use to get good Aussie investing audiobooks that would be awesome!

2 people like this.
  5. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

6. Al1979

Al1979 Well-Known Member

7. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Have fun and learn from the best in this business.

4 people like this.
  8. showmethemoney

showmethemoney Member

asx investor update podcast has plenty on your level i believe, go right back through the archives, as in years back. they are great.

ross greenwood's 2gb daily podcast is fantastic for general news and opinion. iv been on it for years.

bbc world service business daily is another listen to always

9. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

‎my millennial money: 407 this episode is not for you (it's for your mum or dad) on Apple Podcasts

Share this with your mum/dad/aunty/uncle/older person in your life - it's all about money stuff for over 55s. Marc Bineham, the former president of the Association of Financial Advisers (AFA), joins Glen to answer the questions you sent in on behalf on your parents/older contacts, touching on:

Q1: How do you actually access super and what do you do with it when you retire?

Q2: What are some good reasons for both spouses or partners not to retire at the same time? Any tips for a staggered retirement?

Q3: I'm a Boomer and finally taking an interest in my finances. I don't have a mortgage or debts, earning $50k a year and have $100k in super. After maxxing my super this year, what should I do with $30k in savings if I need it in 5 years time?

Q4: My parents asked what to do now that they've paid off their house, are maxxing out super, and are not ready to retire yet?

Q5: Getting a new mortgage close to retirement - selling one to move into a more retirement friendly house - how do our parents go about getting these loans and is it possible? Any tips for parents wanting to better their financial situations just like us?

Q6: Any tips for getting better with your financial situation?

Q7: My mum's always been a stay at home mum, and dad was always the breadwinner. She feels like she wants to leave him but has no job or money to fall on. How do you go about starting afresh in your 50s with not much work experience or money? Also, homelessness in women over 50s - is it on the rise?

Q8: Question from a daughter: at what age should you sign as enduring Power of Attorney on behalf of your parents in relation to finances?

10. Hockey Monkey

Hockey Monkey Well-Known Member

sauropod and Baker like this.
  11. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member