Peer to peer lending research

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by P2PLendingResearch, 7th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. P2PLendingResearch

P2PLendingResearch New Member

Hi all,

I am researching peer to peer lending. I would love to get in touch with people living in either Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne who have used a peer to peer lending platform as either a borrower or a lender (or ideally both). Please let me know if you are able to help out.

Thanks!

Tom

2 people like this.
  2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Perhaps you can share what you've found so far, for the benefit of the community?

2 people like this.
  3. retirealready

retirealready Member

I've researched a bit into this space. Exciting times ahead. For a list of current players see here: Who Offers Peer-To-Peer Lending In Australia? | Canstar

What I find interesting is that Banks are buying into P2P lending. An example being Westpac buying into SocietyOne so these P2P lenders must be doing something right.

Of the available lenders, only a few will let retail investors "invest" with them. RateSetter, DirectMoney and MarketLend. The rest of them are only open to wholesale clients with large financial requirements.

I researched RateSetter quite a bit and will be investing in it soon. Do you own DD.

4. retirealready

retirealready Member

Forgot to mention that ASIC has it's eye on P2P lenders and may increase compliance requirements in the future, which may or may not break some of the lenders.