What was your last purchase?

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Strawbs, 15th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Strawbs

Strawbs Member

It is almost time for me to make another purchase into (what people in here have called) my Soup allocation (which is made up of many smaller purchases and comprises 20% of my overall portfolio) and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on what securities I may want to look into?

Of course, I will do my own research on any and all recommendations with the final decision being mine. That is, I accept and understand any recommendations are really opinions only, maybe suggestions, for me to look further into.

So with that caveat, any thoughts? What was your last purchase?

Last edited by a moderator: 15th Mar, 2018
    2 people like this.
  2. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

my last purchase was extra SUL ( a higher risk top 200 stock )

the logic being this is close to completing a restructuring

but i am very keen on New Zealand based companies ( no franking credits and some extra FX risk )

an associate thinks SUL might go closer to $5 yet ( and if so i will most likely add some more )

( DYOR )

3. R S Gumby

R S Gumby Well-Known Member

Made a speculative play on MYR at 42 cents
    Hoping Solly and McInnes can pull it out of the ****!!

2 people like this.
  4. twisted strategies

before or after the administrators have gone through the books ??

yes i hold MYR but thought Umbers might have had a workable strategy ( clean up the logistics and back room stuff ) , fashion is just so fickle ( even i was 'fashionable' in the Grunge phase and quite by accident as well )

2 people like this.
  5. twisted strategies

i have my gold shares already ( some in very nice profit and some only a deep breath away from failure )

good luck finding a nice balance between risk and reward at current valuations

take care

6. twisted strategies

most recently i have added extra HVN ( cum. dividend ) i bought HVN as a play on the dairy investment ( with a reasonable company as a core business .

again a higher risk Top 200 stock ... but as i see my future needs , i need to look for mid-term growth .