Managed Funds Six investment lessons from 15 years of data

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by twisted strategies, 3rd May, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

Six investment lessons from 15 years of data - Cuffelinks

is this the correct thread ??

some interesting stuff after you think about it

i know from my LIC investing that even though WAX has outrageous performance guidelines it is also my best performing LIC up 217% since 2011 ( share price wise ) but more importantly yielding 6% ( based on current SP or 13% on my SP average plus franking )

but indeed timing is a BIG help

( DYOR )

2. twisted strategies

3. Hosko

Hosko Well-Known Member

Yes, timing is a big part. If you can get the timing right (not saying that anybody can), time in the market becomes a little less relevant.

2 people like this.
  4. twisted strategies

i DRP a lot those handful of extra shares ( of a well timed entry ) really make compounding likable .

timing and time then can work for your benefit ( but also do the maths sometimes waiting say 3 years with cash in the bank waiting for a good moment can be a BIG handicap on a high yielding investment ... early but earning divs has it's logic as well .

thinking and flexible approach might suit some as well

if this investing game were easy there would be no financial advisors ( let alone enough to form a guild )

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice