ASX Shares Coles shares

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Tony66, 21st Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Tony66

Tony66 Well-Known Member

what do guys think about Coles share price?
    Is it something to consider?
    Thanks

2 people like this.
  2. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

WOW is my largest holding ( courtesy of an inheritance ) ( roughly 10% of the portfolio )

i also hold WES ( a much smaller holding but 100% skin in the game ) and so , now COL

currently i intend to retain COL ( but not DRP them ) look for an opportunity to add extra WES ( and keep 100% in the DRP ) and reduce the participation in the WOW DRP to 50%

now my opinion of WOW might be overly harsh , but would prefer to compare CIOL with MTS ( which i do not hold )

is COL a 5 times better company than MTS ( to me WOW is a source of despair and still in fire-sale mode )

both ( MTS and COL ) are improving logistics/supply chain , both have room to improve in liquor ( so reduce operating costs and have at least one sensible path of growth )

i would prefer to wait before buying some COL but sub $10 might be very tempting

( COL is likely to claim some tax write-downs in the first 18 months )

( DYOR )

4 people like this.
  3. Tony66

Tony66 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your wise words.

2 people like this.

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF