Cointree SMSF Account

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by michael-syd, 14th Feb, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. michael-syd

michael-syd New Member

I just started up a Cointree SMSF account for bitcoin and crypto. Just thought I would try it out and put some of my SMSF into crypto and see how it goes. The site seems quite nice and support has been helpful.

Anyone else doing crypto with their SMSF, I couldn't see many posts about it here. Am looking for any reccomendations on how you manage your crypto SMSF and also if you have had any trouble with the tax reporting.

Thanks

Michael

2. kate54

kate54 New Member

Hi,

I was just wondering how you went with setting up a SMSF with Cointree and was it easy process? I am thinking of doing the same with doing the same but with Coinspot as I've read good things How To Buy Bitcoin in Australia (super easy) Keen to you how it's going for you.

3. Superman__

Superman__ Well-Known Member

I always groan when I get about people investing in crypto via an SMSF - but that’s mainly because it can make the accounting work harder if the trustee doesn’t know what they are doing.

Yes, you can set up a Coinspot account for an SMSF. It must be separate from any other crypto accounts in your personal name.

I put together the following information a while ago which may help: Crypto and SMSF

Good luck - please don’t blow up your super savings.