Dulux Shares: time to sell?

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Moojebing Lad, 18th Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Moojebing Lad

Moojebing Lad New Member

I'm concerned about the announcing of Nippon Paint's takeover bid for Dulux.

Is this a good time to sell my Dulux shares?

What is the likely consequence of my not selling my Dulux shares?

I've been buying and selling and holding shares for quite some time. But this is my first exposure to a takeover/merger/acquisition.

Will a kind, knowledgeable person offer some timely advice to me please?

Regards,
    Kevin aka Moojebing Lad.

2 people like this.
  2. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

the take-over ( if permitted ) is the same as selling , but in a longer time frame , a set price ( keep a lookout for a special dividend to disperse any franking credits .. the franking credits are the bonus the div cash is taken off the buying price ) and the buyer pays your brokerage

since management like the deal , hurdles still yo come are FIRB approval and ACCC approval

if the TOL take-over ( by Japan Post ) is any guide the Japanese will do their best to make this quick .

please work out if franking credits are important to you ( or you can do something better with the cash , in the near-term )

if you do not agree to the take-over ( and try to keep the shares ) in the buyer acquires 90% they normally compulsorily acquire the rest of the shares outstanding ( at the final offer price )

there are some personal decisions to be made , but so far this looks like a done deal

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia