12th July, 2010

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Jono__, 12th Jul, 2009.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

What will the Australian economy be like this time next year?

Poll closed 11th Aug, 2009.
  1. It'll be great - the 'green shoots' of recovery we're seeing around the world will be in full blosso

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It'll be good - Europe and the US will still be screwed, but China will keep themselves (and us in t

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. It'll be mediocre - Growth will be flat, but hey - things could be worse, right?

14 vote(s)
    60.9%
  4. It'll be awful - A moderately serious recession will have pushed unemployment to over 9%. Property a

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  5. It'll be an absolute basketcase - Unemployment will hit 15%, with at least 50% of the workforce bein

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jono__

Jono__ Member

Where do we all think the economy will be in 12 months time? I'm including a poll with a few possibilities, so feel free to vote or (even better) post your own prognostications.

2. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

:D

"Awful" is winning with 60% of the vote at the moment!

EDIT: Aww... and within 12 hours it would seem the vote has swung back to mediocre.

Last edited by a moderator: 13th Jul, 2009
  3. Jono__

Jono__ Member

Chris - are you shorting lots of stocks? :D

4. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

No, but I don't have a position in stocks outside gold ETFs and gold mining stocks. I'm still planning to stay away from Australian stocks until at least later this year, though I am starting to size up a few international equity options.

Also, just for the record, I would say I sit on the upper bound of the "awful" category. I doubt property prices would fall 25% in 12 months! And whilst stocks falling another 25% might happen if things continue to stay ugly and worsen, a lot of that depends how governments and central banks try to deal with the problem.