Broker/bank help, suggestions

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Dunsborough, 15th Jan, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Dunsborough

Dunsborough Member

Hi Gang
    I have recently retired at 47 (too young but health came into it) and In the next few months i will be sourcing a loc or fully offset loan and suspect will need to be no doc as i have no servacability now as still neg geared. (present bank xyz turning blind eye for now but couldnt offer any more or so they say even though lvr 21-23%)

i have one loan of 370k fixed at 6.64% fixed with xyz untill dec 2008 on a ip recently valued at 870k.

i have another ip debt free worth 450K (reckon banks would say anyway)
    i have my ppor worth again on a bank valuation i reckon 450k.

I am in Bunbury WA and have spoken to one so called property savvy broker in Perth but lot of things were vague and huge sums of money were suggested.

For now i would like to hand over title deed to the 450k ip and access 80% for some managed funds. Last financial year my Payg summary stated 32k from my pt work but after neg gearing including heap of prepaid bills my tax return says i earnt 12k. I have had a abn for several years but really a croc as all it was for was for some caretaking around strata complex.

I welcome all suggestions for favourite banks, brokers etc as i realise distance doesnt need to be a hindrance. I know brokers frequent this site and will welcome any direct corespondence

Thanks in advance

2. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Hiya Dunsborough

Recent changes ( or should I say interpretations) to the WA brokers licencing act mean that Eastern Staters can now legally work with Sandgropers :)

It sounds to me that you should be able to do what you want without too much stress or cash (in terms of fees).

Typically a no doc loan is best left at 70 % LVR or less. While there are products at 80 %, these tend to have issues in either rate or exit costs.

There are lo doc lends ( where you declare an income, vs no doc where you dont declare an income) at 80 % that may suit.

If you are looking to borrow more long term, it would pay to work with a good independent brokers, since what you do today may hinder you tommorow

ta
    rolf

3. Dunsborough

Dunsborough Member

Hi Rolf
    thanks for the note, good to hear the market has opened up across the borders
    I am definately going to need some form of finance to commence my living on equity journey in the near future.
    While my credit rating is a1, i didnt have the brains to set up any finance before i finished work and would reckon lo doc is out of question and will need no doc i think, but would loved to be proved wrong:rolleyes: .
    Thanks for the pointer re staying under 70%. Are you suggesting a standard loan with redraw or a loc?
    What ballpark rates will i be charged, mid 7 % or higher?
    Either way will need to set up carefully with sub accounts to satisfy ATO? Is this something readily done by people? I have one only fixed 370k loan across 3 properties (secured against 1)
    Rolf what are long term issues you mention, ie not cross collaterising?
    thanks again
    All ideas and suggestions readily appreciated
    Cheers