Recorded House Sale Prices

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by SavySarah, 28th Jan, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. SavySarah

SavySarah New Member

Is there a site that gives you the sold prices of houses in your area for free? I know the estate agents have access to it and I was lead to believe it was a publicly accessable site. So anyone know where I should be looking??

thanks

2. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Hi Sarah

Depending on which state you're looking in, there are various sites where you can access some of this information. The biggest site that REA's use to find this information is [aff=MRPDDL1]RPData[/aff], which is improving all the time, allowing agents to now list sold prices even before the Land Titles info is released to RP. Unfortunately, though it is publicly accessible, there is a weekly fee (minimum 3 mths subscription) as well as a training fee to set up etc. It costs us approx $4K p/a to subscribe, and that's just across a few LGA's of Sydney. I believe that a statewide one is around the $8-10K p/a mark, hence the reason why most purchasers don't subscribe this way.

However, you can purchase recent sales for postcodes (again, dependent on where you're looking) from RPData (see [aff]MRPDDL2[/aff]), as well as homepriceguide.com.au and residex.com.au for small fees (range from $40).

Domain and Realestate.com.au will also list some recent sales, both online and in the weekend newspapers. However, the info is usually limited and so it can be difficult to directly compare this way.

Good luck with your search :)

Last edited by a moderator: 29th Jan, 2007
  3. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

If you're looking for Qld property then www.confirm.com.au has property sales reports you can buy for about $14.50 each I think. You can buy them via credit card online and they get sent to you can can be saved in an excel file.

Cheers
    N.

4. kmranu

kmranu New Member

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia