Privately selling

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Jacque, 17th Apr, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Seeing as I'm about to embark on privately selling my own PPOR for the first time this year, I've been looking up various sites and doing some reading to enlighten me even further :D

Being the perfectionist that I am, naturally I'm aiming for the highest price possible and so my unfortunate family has been at my beck and call for the last few weeks, performing various cleaning and handyman jobs (though my 8yr old is severly lacking in the latter department!) to get our house to "showroom" standard. Being in the field, I know only too well how easily impressed buyers are by homes that appear to have "nothing to do" upon inspecting. From a personal point of view, I'm doubly impressed that parents can present such icons of perfection when they still have young children and teens living in the residence!!!

However, I digress. I found these gems when looking up some sites about selling privately and just had to share them, for the giggle. Hope someone gets a laugh :)

A sign that had FSBO (for sale by owner) on it had this added underneath:
    We shoot every third agent and the second one just left.

If you think that no one cares that you're alive, miss a couple of house payments.

I listed a maintenance-free house. In the last 25 years, there hasn't been any maintenance.

Houses today don't have enough walk in wardrobe space. Sure they do; they're called guest bedrooms.

and my favourite....

The trouble with owning a home is that no matter where you sit, you're looking at something you should be doing. (Ah, so very true!!!!)