Managed Funds New Macq Gateway Asia/India Fund

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by DaveA__, 17th May, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. DaveA__

DaveA__ Well-Known Member

Link From Here

i got an email from investsmart about this new macquarie fund... 100% loans and a capital propetection period of only 3 or 5 years...

i think 5 years would be a pretty short time in india and asia, what do people thing of this stratagy??? as always the fees are a bit high, and there is no distributions until maturity...

im not thinking about investing as i wouldnt have the income to meet the min 100k loan application but im interesting if people thing its just another macquarie product to generate fees...

i do agree that macquarie has one of the most complex systems set up, nothing compared to a normal managed fund...

2. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

I was in their Newton Fund and Asia fund, same type of setup, in there for 15 months and got a whopping 4%PA return when paying out 7.5% PA..

waste of time, stick to conventional funds, unless you feel the negative gearing is worth it for you..

those funds also have high fees etc associated with them... if you want Asia exposure get the Asia fund with someone like Platinum.

3. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

4. transit

transit Well-Known Member

5. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

yeh, all those funds are crap, not just the two I'm in, probably the only decent one was the buy write fund.

did you get in due to a freeman fox recommendation?

6. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Rule #78c - don't invest in a fund that doesn't have a track record :rolleyes:

7. transit

transit Well-Known Member

yep, that's a good point! Someone from work (not freeman fox) recommended the fund as a safe boring one but it was worse than that because it lost me money! If i'd known about this forum at the time, i doubt i'd have bought them then. Thankfully my other picks have done better.

8. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

lets add to that, don't invest into funds where all of them have pathetic returns in a booming market!

9. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

fair enough, cause freeman fox was flogging those funds as a once in a lifetime opportunity 1.5 years ago.. I got sucked in!