A great result!

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Jacque, 4th Dec, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

We recently had a great success story with a client that I just wanted to share with you all. Not just because it was a particularly difficult brief and it was extremely satisfying for us to find something that suited so well in the end, but also to demonstrate that perserverance can pay off :)

To give a brief cap, we had been looking for almost 4 mths for this client in the Upper North Shore of Sydney when this particular property came onto the radar. Despite it being higher than the provided budget (even given room for price negotiation), we considered it almost perfect and decided to dig around for the usual details regardless. This was our 179th property enquiry for this client and we were pretty confident that this property was one that deserved further consideration.

Part of our process involves us updating our clients weekly (or more often, depending on events) and sending them links to the properties that we are considering for their feedback. For this particular property, our client seemed reluctant for us to inspect, given the large price tag and seemed that we may be wasting time going to look at something that would be beyond the set budget.

However, once we had found out the circumstances and specifics of the sale and chatted some more to the agent we decided that it was worthwhile showing the client the property. After a thorough inspection, our client ended up loving the property and so the negotiations began. Over a period of 3 days, we haggled over price and terms and eventually agreed on $805K, a whopping $144K under the original asking price of this property. It really was a great result! From offer to exchange, however, took longer, as there was much to review and further negotiate on in the contract, including building and council issues which held the process up.

This is not a typical example of the savings we've managed to make for clients. After all, properties can be overpriced to begin with (as we believe this one was) whilst others can be underpriced and sell almost overnight. However, given that a similar house in much better shape and on a significantly smaller block of land in the same street very recently sold for a realistic comparable of $865K, we were very pleased with the savings we believed we achieved for this particular client. It was so wonderful to hear the real joy and relief in the sound of our client's voice when we relayed the good news.

Now I'm going to enjoy a glass of champagne to celebrate this one!

Last edited by a moderator: 4th Dec, 2006
  2. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Jacque,

Awesome result, well done! I'm thrilled to hear the business is doing well and that you're securing some great discounts for your clients. If I'm ever in the market for a buy and hold then I'll have to look you up to give me an idea of what's available and what you think you could get for me.

As indicated in her signiature, Jacque and her business partner Theresa operate a buyers advocacy business called HouseSearchAustralia and I'd personally recommend them for anyone interested in this sort of service.

Well done again!

Cheers,
    Michael.

3. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Thanks Michael :)
    Theresa and I have worked hard this year and hope that 2007 is even better. Nothing quite like having yourself as boss to be extra hard upon oneself! We really do get a buzz out of the end result and happy clients are what we're aiming for.