Join our investing community

A love story

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Haumea, 2nd Apr, 2019.

1. Haumea

Haumea Member

They told me not to get infatuated, but it was impossible to resist. You were so exotic and new, unlike any other previous partnership. I watched you, shyly, before we hooked up - no doubt about it, you swept me off my feet.

Of course, we had our ups and downs. I compulsively watched your every move, even though I knew it was wrong. The moment I committed to you, we had our first lovers tiff, you moved away from me. But you came back!

Such a headrush being proved right, you were good for me!

But doubts started creeping in - is it too good to be true? Can it last? I reluctantly decided, it would be best to break up now, while times were good. End on a high! You didn't mind - plenty more fish in the sea.

I sold you, my favourite stock, for 25% profit (less tax). But you will always have a place in my heart, and I will feel warm and happy whenever I see your ticker...while I'm looking for the next fling.

twisted strategies likes this.
  2. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

only a fling , the next time ???

not a longer relationship , some look so unassuming but can increase many-fold ( say a 4 bagger , or 400% to you ) in a few short years .

experience will teach you when those tiffs are reconcilable ( and when separating is the wise choice )