A most effective question

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Jacque, 17th Nov, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Amongst the usual list of almost mandatory questions that all of us ask of REA's when doing DD on a particular property, this can almost be the overlooked questions. Yet, when you do ask this and look the REA right in the eye when doing so, the results can be very effective.

Simply by asking, "Is there anything else I should know about the property?", and awaiting time for them to respond, you can learn a myriad of information.
    When I do ask, I get a variety of replies (and sometimes the body language response is a dead giveaway to the hiding of information) ranging from the consummate professional who remains cool and sticks to the known facts through to the inexperienced agent who proceeds to share all about the structural issues, the neighbours and the ongoing plumbing problems.

One to definitely use and remind yourself of next time you're serious about purchasing.

2. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

Thanks Jacque, I'll have to remember that one.

3. Tizzy

Tizzy Well-Known Member

Thats a wee bit like the job interview question that gets them most times. Its a variation on "what strengths can you bring to this position?" Goes something like ..."tell me about the areas of your practice that you personally find the most challenging?"