Join our investing community

A SPAM free investEd

Discussion in 'Help & Feedback' started by Johny_come_lately, 15th Jun, 2011.

1. Johny_come_lately

Johny_come_lately Well-Known Member

There is an increase in the amount of spam on this site. :( Could the administrators please deal with it.

Johny.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

I have spent a lot of time in the past week cleaning up spam and setting up new systems to help prevent more spammers posting.

If you do come across spam, please use the "Report Post" function to let me know about it - [​IMG]

3. wdongli

wdongli Well-Known Member

Perfect is abnormal and then...

It is good that we expect spam free, virus free, and disease free, and all of the bad things free from us. But is it possible?

If no internet and distribution channels from each computer, no spam and no message good or bad to spread. What is spam, who has the authority to block the spam, how to reduce the spam to acceptable level, and what should be the priority for a market forum?

We have to be compromised.

1. Don't block the message before the authorized people be sure it is a true spam! We should not kill all to stop the spams.

2. We need the way to let the opinions and message run freely and then stop the spams which is out of the tolerance.

3. Don't forget most of messagers are not the spammers and the spams come from them not everyone. It is the best to stop the spammers rather than to block normal message spreading.

We have to be rational and logic which doesn't mean we should claim something to be free but how we could survive, revive, prosperous when the annoyed things around us!

As a poster you don't need to raise a flag for SPAM-FREE which would put pressure on administrator too much. Too many people judge would result in mess. We do need not to be spammers as member only. If we could do so, the administrator would find the compromised way to let us enjoy the sharing of the messages, updating our own minds for our market playing, and less spams!

Don't expect spam free as we could not expect risk free in the market!

https://wdongli.wordpress.com/

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

I think it is perfectly reasonable to expect a site to be spam-free. It's not feasible to expect there will never be spam posted, but it is quite possible to manage that and remove spam in a timely manner.

It does help if the members of a community like ours participate in the activity of removing spam by reporting any problems to the administrators. We can't possibly read every post in every thread, so we rely on other people to speak up if there is a problem.

5. wdongli

wdongli Well-Known Member

Sim, at your position, all of your words are rational and logic since you have to use one set of rules and guideline to organize this forum.

As members, we need to report the spurious spams to the administrators and a little bit tolerance to the words we just dislike, otherwise we could not share the wisdom to be organized, disciplined, self-reliant, and analytical market players. We could be different but we should respect each other without personal provoking!

Australia markets need a lot of market masters, who could make the profit. InvestEd is quite special and more and more traders, investors, and speculators, need their own net homes to sharpen their minds and feel involvement to the society and market. The trading forum based on the emotions only have being out of date. Where are their new net home?

I do feel personal provoking is more powerful to damage the mood of a forum and market communities than anything else. Let us focus on the ideas, skills, and future profit and be sure we could have different views but never personal provoking. Masters need the concept conflict!

Hope someday InvestEd is the home for a lot of market masters in Australia!

Why do I say so? Since I want to be a master in my market circle! What if I could not? It is a journey which if could make us excited is good enough!