Join our investing community

About me -> Intro

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by shaddowofadream, 31st Mar, 2010.

1. shaddowofadream

shaddowofadream Member

So the site noticed that I've been here a while but haven't posted anything yet and suggested that I introduce myself... (so much for me just lurking) anyway here goes.

I'm a 26 (almost 27) year old male from Perth with a keen interest in generating passive income through investments.

My partner and I bought have a IP (1 bed appart) in Vic Park and our PPOR (3 x 2) in Cloverdale, with equity around 600k or so.

We're currently renovating our PPOR like mad and are hoping to increase our equity so that we can perhaps expand into a 2nd IP or shares.

I've recently been trying to broaden my investing knowledge into shares (managed funds, margin loans, derivatives etc) and thinking of dabbling in shares while we build up enough of a deposit for our next IP.

Not sure what else to say, except the best advice given to me was "Always do your Due diligence"

2. Billv

Billv Getting there

shaddowofadream

Welcome to the forum.
    What work do you do?

cheers

3. shaddowofadream

shaddowofadream Member

Thanks for the welcome Bill :)

I'm working as an IT administrator for an engineering company at the moment, but in the past I've been a Call Center Manager for a large ISP amongst other things.

Working in a help-desk environment has really taught me that no matter how much you think you know, there is always something new to learn... either a new way to do something or a completely new problem that needs solving, which I try to apply in everything I do.

4. Billv

Billv Getting there

shaddowofadream

That's the reason we are all here isn't :)
    Except ofcourse for young chris who's main objective is to practice his typing skills :D
    (he writes very long posts)

5. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

LOL I must admit I often get to the end of my posts and wonder if it was worth it...

:rolleyes:

What's worse is I'd be lying if I said I haven't got half way through many a response (often the lengthier ones) and decided it just wasn't worth adding my two cents because I had more important things to do.

:eek:

But this thread isn't about my lengthy posts - Welcome to the forums ShadowOfADream! I hope you enjoy reading my lengthy rants and will be contributing many yourself!

:D

6. shaddowofadream

shaddowofadream Member

Thanks for the warm welcome Chris C, unfortunately (or fortunately) i doubt I can match your lengthy posts, I doubt I have much to share, except plenty of questions :)

7. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

Posing thought provoking questions that get people thinking can be just as valuable as lengthy self righteous rants.

;)