Managed Funds Additional Investment ?

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by shouldisell, 25th Sep, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. shouldisell

shouldisell Well-Known Member

Very interesting discussion.

I had a couple of questions, which aren't particularly relevant to the discussion.
    I have the PDS infront of me, for the CFS property securities fund. On the application form it asks about the 'type of investment' and whether it is 'new' or 'additional'.
    Initially I assumed it would be 'additional', because I already have an account with them. But underneath is asks for the existing account number, and has the first three numbers already filled in. But they don't match my account number.
    Could this be because my account is actually under the FirstChoice platform, which I didn't even realise until recently?

Does this mean I need to open a new account? Will they just match the accounts up, or will they give me a new OIN and PIN?

Lastly. If I apply for a fund online, it doesn't appear as though they give me a chance to nominate InvestSmart as my adviser. Do I have to fill out the forms and mail them in if I want the entry fee rebate?

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: 25th Sep, 2007
  2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I think you are probably correct here ... "CFS FirstChoice" and "CFS Managed Investment Funds" are effectively two separate "platforms" - in effect you could think of them as being with two different fund managers! Same with "CFS FirstChoice Wholesale" - that's a third platform run by CFS !!!

FSF0012AU Colonial First State Property Securities Fund is in the CFS MIF "platform".

3. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Possibly, download the FC PDS or forms.

Depends if you want to put the money in direct or platform

Not sure, they could do either. Though if the numbers aren't matching up I'd lean towards getting new numbers

I assume by "online" you mean through the Colonial website. No, they would allocate you to an internal adviser code and they keep the entry fee.
    Safer to download the PDS and print out the app and mail direct to whomever is going to rebate the entry fee as they'll make sure it is processed correctly as they will want to get their trail.

Cheers,

Dan

Speak to your FPA registered Financial Planner, Accountant or Tax Adviser before making an investment decision.