Join our investing community

Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by Tax Free, 30th Nov, 2009.

1. Tax Free

Tax Free New Member

Are there there any interested members in forming a study group to complete the Advanced Diploma of Financial Plainning ?

I have recently completed the Estate Planning subject and currently about 90% through the tax planning assignment and hope to sit the exam within two to three weeks !

I hope I can help someone and contribute to this great forum.

2. Megs

Megs Member

Great Idea!

Hi there,

Actually jumped online today with the same intent - to look for a study group for Advanced Diploma. Finished my Diploma in Nov last year (upset that I only found this forum for my last subject as it was extremely helpful!!). I enrolled in Adv Dip - Tax Planning (Kaplan) in Nov although haven't started on the assignment yet (Christmas was a major distraction!). Am hoping to have it completed by end of next month (with aim to complete the whole course before end of the year).

Hopefully a few others will see and join also! (doesn't appear to be any other threads for Advanced Diploma).

Talk soon,

Megs

3. jdf81

jdf81 Member

I will eventually, but that's probably another 6 months off yet.

4. Andy D

Andy D Member

I would also like to join this. I just started my assignment for Tax Planning (yikes, how boring is this one!!)

5. GunnerGuy

GunnerGuy Index & Property Investor

Planning to study

I completed an MBA about 5 years ago, some by part-time and some by distance learning. I am interested in doing some further financial studies at certificate or diploma standard however sticking to a formal semester timetable with exams etc. is a bit tough as I would like to study at my own pace (slowly, or quickly). Does anyone know if there are courses/units available through anyone where you can go at your own pace and then, for example, tell the institute when you are ready for the exam ?

6. jdf81

jdf81 Member

Kaplan sort of do this. You generally have 4 months to complete an assignment, and then you have up to 2 months to complete the assignment. That said, it can be completed quicker if you want.

Kaplan Professional | Home

7. SK100

SK100 New Member

Hi, yes I am also interested. I am half way through the tax assignment. This is my first ADFP.

i am struggling with q2e. does anyone have any tips for FBT ?
    I keep reading through page 1:20/21 and I am struggling to figure out her fbt.
    Am I reading too much into the question. Should I just go with the question where is states it is more like 28k pa.
    comments welcomed.
    thanks

Last edited by a moderator: 14th Jan, 2011
  8. Wystan

Wystan New Member

All of you just go a head and all the best

9. krazykakes

krazykakes Member

Has anyone started the new Kaplan Advanced Diploma Financial Planning which has 1 exam, 2 projects and 1 oral presentation?

I'll be starting it soon and wanted to know if any study group has been formed?

Thanks

10. noble383

noble383 Member

I have started the new one and I am on 'Advanced Financial Planning' and getting confused!!!

Where are you upto?

11. krazykakes

krazykakes Member

Hey guys

I'm up to my presentation. have to do it sometime next week and no idea where to start.

any help you can offer re presentation will be much appreciated !!!