Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

Obviously getting exposure to African investments isn't easy given it's not exactly the most financially developed continent of the world, but looking forward over the next 3 - 10 it probably has a brighter future than the rest of the world.

So does anyone have any strategies or ideas for getting exposure to African investments?

2. Johny_come_lately

Johny_come_lately Well-Known Member

Hi Chris,

You Have:

Market Vectors Africa ETF (AFK)
    SPDR S&P Emerging middle east & Africa (GAF)
    iShares MSCI South Africa (EZA)

5% of my emerging funds are invested in Africa.

Johny. :)

3. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

These funds obviously aren't listed in Australia - so I'm assuming you have an international online broker - if so who do you use?

4. Desmond__

Desmond__ New Member

I would be interested in knowing how to trade these ETFs too.
    Cheers

5. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

6. Desmond__

Desmond__ New Member

Thanks for your reply Tropo, interesting info. I actually meant how does one actually buy these foreign ETFs, can it be done through Commsec for example, my understanding is no?

7. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

8. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

9. Desmond__

Desmond__ New Member

Thanks again, I'll take some time to read the Risk paper. I take you are not a fan?

10. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

" I take you are not a fan?"

Correct!
    There are few interesting ETF posts on this forum.

11. CQ Invest

CQ Invest New Member

Hi Guys. I hope you don't mind the late reply but speaking as a current investor in African commodities, I'd like to add to the discussion by saying there are secure alternative investment strategies worth considering for qualified investors. One being a gold buy-sell, arbitrage deal which is returning a minimum of 10% a month. This is the largest managed gold buy-sell platform in the world and is owned and operated by an experienced US company. It's not for everyone though unfortunately as the minimum investment is currently $500,000 but investments from $100,000 will be considered on a case by case basis.

12. hollysurly

hollysurly New Member

Investing in Africa is absolutely altered from advance in added markets, and in some respects, is agnate to advance in the United States adumbrated Wambia. The similarities cover commutual due diligence, managing risk, and compassionate the market. If these axiological facets are appropriately taken affliction of, the rewards are a lot of profitable.

Africa is assuredly acceptable added boilerplate for investment. The Asian market, abnormally China, and Brazil accept already peaked. So, Africa is logically the next frontier. But Africa has in fact been the a lot of assisting bazaar in the apple for the accomplished 20 years, according to Wambia. This is no blow back Africa has the better oil and accustomed ability companies based there.

There are about 13 aqueous markets in Africa, e.g., South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, and Egypt. These markets accept able-bodied over 250 companies with anniversary revenues of added than $200 million. A $200 actor aggregation in the United States is advised a small. But Africa aswell has over 100 ample cap companies in Africa, acceptation anniversary has a bazaar assets of at atomic $5 billion. There are about 2,000 actively traded African companies. When you attending at the U.S. exchanges with 17,000 listed companies but alone about 3,500 getting actively traded, Africa is not as baby of a bazaar as humans think.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia