Amendment of Super in previous FY

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by Mccuzzle, 21st Jun, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mccuzzle

Mccuzzle Active Member

Hi There,
    I operate as Pty Ltd company for my various contracting and other engagements. I don't do my taxes until well after the end of financial year. As an example, for FY17, my accountant did my taxes in February 2018, with lodgement mid May, tax payable mid June 2018. The issue I face every year is the calculation and payment of Superannuation guarantee for the FY, when I don't know my taxable income for that year until months later.
    Is there a way that I can make an amendment for the previous FY once I've done my taxes?
    From what I understand, SG is attributed to the FY its paid in, and can't be paid for a FY retrospectively.
    Thanks

2 people like this.
  2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Sounds like your company may not be paying you a wage. If it was then the SG would have been paid when the wage was paid (or shortly after).

What do you mean by amend super?

2 people like this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia