AMP Demutualisation

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by thunderlightning, 20th Jun, 2009.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. thunderlightning

thunderlightning New Member

Hi,

I am trying to find out what qualified a person to have been allocated AMP shares in the 1998 demutualisation.

If someone has been paid a dividend in June 2007 which appears to be connected with the demutualisation, does this mean that the person would have been likely to have had either an AMP life insurance policy or an AMP superannuation policy ?

2. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Hi Thunder,

Likely that they owned some sort of AMP policy at the time of demutualisation. They can ring AMP on 131 267 to double check ;)

Cheers,

Dan

3. thunderlightning

Its not that easy unfortunately

4. thunderlightning

Its not that easy unfortunately. I'll explain. I am currently in the early stages of divorce procedings with a man who has unfortunately proven to be very unco-operative and dishonest and I am finding out stuff about our finances that I never new.

He handled the affairs of his fathers estate who passed away intestate in 2003 and I am led to believe owed more than he owned.

however in asking for proof of AMP dividends that appear in my ex's bank account, he produced an AMP remittance advice - 2007 Capital Return in the name of his fathers estate. This dividend cheque was not banked into my ex's bank account so I don't believe has anything to do with the AMP dividends in his own account - however I am left wondering whether his father held a life insurance policy or a superannuation policy that my ex has tried to keep for himself and not distribute to his brother and sister. I know that my ex's brother and sister whome I am still on very good terms with did not get anything from an estate and believe there was no money, but no nothing of the details of the estate.

So I can't ring AMP and am trying to do some investigative work for myself.

5. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Hi Thunder,

You should speak to your solictor about this.

Cheers,

Dan

6. thunderlightning

Thanks Dan, I certainly am.

Just trying to do some research myself also.

Solicitors charge you just to look at them :)