Managed Funds An 'Eve with Steve'

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by 24724, 15th Jul, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. TryHard

TryHard Well-Known Member

Oh. Damn ... sorry I didn't have my glasses on :( I take it back and revert to my previous rant. :p

2. TryHard

You want more than a foxy chick rabbiting on ? I think the imagery might be less attractive on Steve's video log, but the info would be much more interesting !

Rocketboom was a weirdo new media saga - a guy came up with the idea of video log thing, gave a foxy chick a 49% share, it got huge following (like 300,000 daily visitors or something stupid!) then they had falling out, previous foxy chick when to http://amandaunboomed.blogspot.com and new foxy chick joined RocketBoom"2" - in the meantime generating all sorts of web attention (and job offers for Foxy Chick #1).

Its kind of dot com boom era all over again. New, commercially unviable, but trendy ideas. They never learn, but the pleasant recurring theme is the foxy chicks.

:)

3. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

:D :D Thanks for that Tryhard

I found your post on Bill ZHENGS methods amongst Steve's Investment Success very interesting as well; Hope Steve or one of theTeam at Navra can add to the original post

RedWing

4. TryHard

Strange - I can't follow that link to Steve's article now - it redirects to the home page. I might just have to go watch Rocketboom instead :)

Yeah I remember that Bill Zheng day - he's become a bit higher profile lately, some of it with the 'rah-rah' stuff I don't like much. But his 'philosophy' ideas is a refreshing as Steve's wealth creation presentations - ie. 'think like a poor person and you'll remain a poor person' type of thing ... it was quite motivational at the time, some of the things he said about personality and motivation just rang sooooo true.

I'd be keen to see more of his mentoring stuff but its all pretty Melbourne-centric.

I must say, on the theme of this thread, I am feeling a little mentor-less at the moment too :(

5. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I've fixed that link for you - there was an extra '-' at the end.

6. TryHard

Oops ! ta Sim (I should have noticed that - having a crappy day)

7. Simon Hampel

Actually - I have no intention of offering video at this point, although their might be a case for one-off videos - but only if the content being delivered suits that medium better.

Talking heads are boring - unless they are showing something else in the video as well. You also require two senses (hearing AND vision), and a reasonably fast link to watch video - while audio only usually does just as well and only requires one sense to consume - hearing. This means you can consume audio recordings while doing something else - like driving or walking.

8. Simon Hampel

I hope it gets better for you.

9. TryHard

I beg to differ - RocketBoom being an example :) - but whatever rocks your boat - I'll just have to listen to Steve's audio while watching Rboom with the sound off ;-)

10. Redwing

NO Way..Too Distracting..

Speaking of audio from Steve..any timeline yet?

PS- Tryhard; anything you can recall from Bill ZHENGS seminar I'd be interested in reading as well.;)

RedWing

11. TryHard

I don't think I'd do him justice mate. From memory, he outlines he has two approaches - one being his structuring and finance 'business', and the other his more 'experimental' mind over matter type thing.

He goes on to say he has spent a fortune seeking the best mentors etc etc. And is kind of trialling a mentoring program which goes for 90 days with the aim of redefining people's approaches etc. Anyway, bascially from what I saw I would be definitely prepared to give it a go - (overview of the content is at http://www.investorsdirect.com.au/newsletters/nov05mentor1.htm)

He writes a bit about it on their site www.investorsdirect.com.au, and in general writes things that seem to make some sense to me like :

His intro at this newsletter about pattern recognition :
    http://www.investorsdirect.com.au/newsletters/012005/investors_direct_july05_Aemailweb.htm

and

http://www.investorsdirect.com.au/newsletters/032005/investors_direct_march05_clickthroughbzheng.htm

and

http://www.investorsdirect.com.au/newsletters/072004/BZheng.htm

and

http://www.investorsdirect.com.au/newsletters/092005/0905story1.htm

Anyhoo, from the stuff on his site, you'll kind of get the idea - I reckon its something a person is either into or not :) I'm more curious than convinced I guess, but found him very good presenting

Cheers!
    Carl

12. Simon Hampel

Soon. :rolleyes:

I'm currently fighting with a mis-behaving laptop which is about to get sent in for repairs (faulty CPU fan). :(

Will try and get one of my other machines set up to finish the processing of the audio in the meantime. :cool:

13. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

Mental image of Sim cooking barbie on red hot CPU... :p

14. Redwing

Thanks TryHard..

Interesting Posts, I could spend a fair bit of time reading the stories by Bill and his views on Property as well.

His personal Story would be interesting as well

RedWing

15. Redwing

16. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

I need more hours in the day. Wish I had time for reading books and listening to podcasts. Maybe sleep is for the weak.

17. Redwing

:D Being stuck in traffic is now fun AND informative with some audio seminars etc on CD.

RedWing

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.