Join our investing community

An intro

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Propnut, 4th Apr, 2007.

1. Propnut

Propnut New Member

Hello all,

I have been a member of this forum for a while but not actively reading the posts as I was concentrating mainly on SS. I plan to be more active on this forum from now on.

As for my background, I presently work in a ship chartering company in Melbourne after retiring from active sea life, working on ocean going ships where my last few assignments were as a ship captain.

Currently, my passion is for generating alternative income streams to make my job redundant. Looking towards buying the first of many (I hope) properties. I am also an active share trader mainly trading CFDs. Share trading has been quite profitable and I look forward to using the cashflow from share trading to fund the holding costs of IPs.

In due course, I would have a lot of queries aimed at the excellent and experienced IP and share trading experts on the forum.

Cheers,
    Raj Bakshi

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

Welcome Raj - glad to have you here.

So what's your long term plan ? Living on a yacht, cruising the world's oceans ? :D

3. Propnut

Propnut New Member

Nah!! enough of that in my past life.
    Now look towards retiring from J.O.B. and travelling the world as a tourist and to pursuing other leisure activities after gaining financial independence (abundance??).

Glad to be on this forum as it appears to cater to PI and stockmarket both of which I am serious about.

Cheers
    Raj

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

Glad to have you here ... I think both property AND shares are the key to building wealth ... so I don't like to focus on only one at the expense of the other !

5. Jacque

Jacque Team InvestEd

Hi Raj and welcome to the forum!

So what's your strategy so far? Are you planning to invest in property locally at all in Melbourne or surrounds?

6. Bantam Roosta

Bantam Roosta Well-Known Member

Welcome Raj. I for one am then happy to have another keen investor around.

Hopefully you'll a teach me a thing or two on your journey, I'm always looking to learn.

BR

7. Propnut

Propnut New Member

jacque,

I do intend to purchase an IP in Melbourne in the second half of this year when my finances are in order.

Bantam,

I look forward to learning from everyone else on the forum. I feel like a beginner on the journey and have a long way to go. Together, we can make the journey that much easier for each other.

Cheers,
    Raj