Join our investing community

An Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Preston, 31st Mar, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Preston

Preston New Member

Hi,

I'm relatively new to the trading scene, am currently in year 11 and have invested twice the last year but I am looking to turn it into a possible career, Investment banking and/or Day trading are the careers I'm leaning towards at the moment.

I joined this forum to talk to people in the industry, get advice on trading strategies, and to just generally expand my investing knowledge.

twisted strategies likes this.
  2. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

welcome to InvestChat ,

first of ALL INVESTING INVOLVES RISK ( even when it is 'safe ' in the bank , otherwise the government wouldn't have a Bank Deposit Guarantee but only for the first $250,000 per ADI )

next there is some criminal activity in the share-market , just like the race-tracks and many other types of gambling , quick money attracts short-cut takers .

but near the 10 year highs in the market and you being young , you have picked a fine time to start learning , just keep your alert levels up .

investing/trading as a career .... that can be pretty stressful when there is money ( and reputation ) at stake , but some manage a long career , just the same

good luck

Haumea and Preston like this.