And so this is Christmas - and what have we done?

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Takestock, 30th Dec, 2005.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Takestock

Takestock Well-Known Member

Well the end of the year is fast approaching and a new one is about to begin. Have you achieved your goals for 2005? I am satisfied with both my financial and non-financial goals. I have not purchased any property this year, however, I have added to my share portfolio.

As for 2006, well, I can't wait to hook into it. Over many years I have tried just about every type of share/option investing/trading...and I find that I tend to gravitate back to value investing for the long term. I increasingly find that waiting patiently for good companies to suffer an irrational share price drop usually brings about a good buying opportunity. I aim to continue this investing philosophy throughout 2006. Additionally, I will be starting to take a serious look into the property arena again.

What are your financial goals for the upcoming year?

BTW, apologies to John Lennon for the subject title.

2. Rick__

Rick__ Well-Known Member

I have had a similar year TakeStock. Although I would have liked to do a bit more finetuning but I have to use time as the excuse for not doing that.

Therefore, next year I will make more time to look after the fiddly bits. I also will be on the search for at least one IP. This will be no off the cuff purchase and I am determined to make a worthwhile addition to the portfolio.

It, or they are out there I've just got to find them. :cool:

3. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

So will you be buying in Townsville Rick?

4. Rick__

Rick__ Well-Known Member

I hope so but I have no restrictions. ;)