Anties shares

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by banga, 16th Aug, 2010.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. banga

banga New Member

:( Hi All,
    Not a bad forum to look around on.
    Some fairly wise folk here l see.
    My first post so go gently please:)
    I dont really know much about the share market so l hope someone here can help me[my aunty]out with a little info.
    I will try not to be too long winded.
    I am not up to speed on share market lingo either so plain English please.

My Aunt bought some shares in 2008 on the basis of some info she had read. My Aunt also has got no idea about how to read the markets etc.[Aunty is 85]
    These share Aunty bought literally went backwards the moment she had her name on them.
    Instead of sellin at a big loss she just threw them in a draw and forgot all about them till last week.
    She had a bit of a look see and two of the ones she bought have started comming back, now what she wants to know is why are they increasing in value?
    is it worth hanging onto them for a bit longer?
    So can anyone give me a bit of simply info to help Aunty make her decission?
    Share 1. Chrome Corp limited {PNR} Aunty paid .22
    Share 2. Cooper ENergy{COE} Aunty paid .675
    Now share 3 was a total disaster for her and l dont know if l am reading it wrong or what, but it sure has lost some value:eek: why?
    Share 3. Modena Resources {MDA} Aunty paid .450 :(:eek:

I have tried to look at the ASX web site to seek some info but l really cannot follow it as it does seem to be another language.
    I do hope someone can help Me [Aunty] :)
    Thankyou
    Banga

2. banga

banga New Member

Hi
    I am sorry about my spelling in the heading it is spose to be Aunty:eek:
    I was hoping for a response by now, have l asked the wrong question or maybe asked the wrong way?:eek:
    Is it the wrong forum?

3. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

4. banga

banga New Member

Thanks.......

5. James 200

James 200 Jimmy

Mining Company problems

Good question, while not knowing the specifics of the individual companies, smaller commodity companies are a bit hit and miss. Evaluating them accurately is difficult which is why many investors buy a basket of them. Often the determining factor in success or failure is the price of the underlying commodity which the company mining it has absolutely no control over.