Join our investing community

Any LPT / REIT investors?

Discussion in 'Real Estate Investment Trusts (A-REIT / LPT)' started by Simon Hampel, 17th Sep, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

Does anyone here like Listed Property Trusts (aka Real Estate Investment Trusts)?

I have exposure to this sector through one of the funds in my SMSF (CFS Wholeale Geared Global Property Securities fund), which invests in REITs around the world and has done quite well for us in the post-GFC era (this sector was really hammered during the GFC).

twisted strategies likes this.
  2. unwillingwillis

unwillingwillis Member

I have been buying them since the GFC and they have treated me very well. GHC being my best holding buy a country mile. The sector as a whole is trading at a premium to NTA. I only see one or two companies offering reasonable value ATM. I prefer to purchase LICs at a discount to NTA as I believe these offer better value.

twisted strategies likes this.
  3. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

my REIT adventures have been a mixed bag some good , some not so impressive ,

but i need income after 2020 and some of the REITs should still be doing that , but some are busy growing via DRP currently ( BWP , CMW , ABP and SGP )

part of a strategy NOT the whole strategy ( for me )