Any Share suggestions?

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Sk3tChY, 15th Aug, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sk3tChY

Sk3tChY Well-Known Member

I see, I was thinking of getting some call options with CBA a while ago, thankfully I didn't tho, with the market the way its been lately I probably woulda lost heh. :p

2. Sweet

Sweet Member

At this point in time in the market, everyone must be an expert

3. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

"When you are dealing with large trades you really want to be wearing pants!"

...and helmet...:p :p

4. Elkam

Elkam Member

Is it legal/ethical to post a link to a research paper that you have access to because you are a client at a stockbrokers? I don't want to break any rules either on this site or at my stockbrokers.

There is an updated report for BNB (24 August) with a 12 month price target of $37 (currently around $24.50) which I thought might interest the investors here. I was lucky enough to be offered some at the IPO so though I have watched their fall with dismay I am still making more than 460% on my money.

I am thinking of buying more. Any comments?

Last edited by a moderator: 24th Aug, 2007
  5. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

If the link is accessible by anyone on the net, then I say it is fair game for you to link to.

However, if you are referring to uploading a document as an attachment, where you don't necessarily have permission to distribute it, then that's a different matter.

6. Elkam

Elkam Member

I had not planned to upload the document as an attachement. Only post a link to the page on their web site. However, I have access to this research because they are my brokers. Without being able to log in as a client you don't have access to this research.

I have tried googeling to see if I can bring up this information by a search but I am not good at this and end up too many hits and some realy rediculous ones.

What do you think?

7. Simon Hampel

If we can't see the site without logging in, then posting a link isn't going to be very useful to us is it ?

8. Elkam

Elkam Member

I assume that if I post a link directly to the page in question (i.e. the report) you will be able to access it.

9. Simon Hampel

Depends on how their security works.

I say if they aren't smart enough to have any security on their websites, they can't complain if people read their content :rolleyes:

10. voigtstr

voigtstr Well-Known Member

you could try backing up your cookies, deleting them in internet explorer and trying to go to that bookmarked page without logging in. If you can view that page (and there's no indication that the site has recognised you as you) it would mean we could all see the site. You can then import your cookies again after this little experiment.

11. Brengun__

Brengun__ Active Member

Shouldn't that be "brown" pants, so when the market falls through the floor, no-one notices anything different about your pants?

12. Elkam

Elkam Member

13. PJA__

PJA__ Member

Try shorting via selling a CFD on the index or buying a put option, both should give you insurance if your portfolio roughly tracks the ASX

14. PJA__

PJA__ Member

Just posted that to see how long it lasts - other posts have been deleted, dunno why , perhaps because I challenge widely held paradigms in smalllsville aka, burban north shore sydney

15. Simon Hampel

??? not sure your post means ? Which other posts were deleted ?

16. voigtstr

voigtstr Well-Known Member

here's a punt... due to horse flu...tabcorp!

17. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

FGL may be :eek: a better horse if you like bottom fishing :p

18. unthreaded

unthreaded Active Member

As a weekly quaff I tend to a nice red at $15-$30. Perhaps a Penfolds Bin 128 for ~$20. This week its available at coles for ~$14. Should I wait for it to be $13 or $12?

I'm going to buy a bottle of wine anyway. Its a wine i'm comfortable with and at a price i dont usually get it. Maybe its not the best deal on offer but it is a deal i'm happy with.

19. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

I guess...you drink too much. Bad for business.:rolleyes:

20. Sweet

Sweet Member

What does every1 think about OSH? Many analysts recommend it as a strong buy but some are predicting it a hold. I think it looks like a strong growth stock but just want to know what others think?

Currently at the $3.62 mark with potential to move to $4 by summer.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia