Any Share suggestions?

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Sk3tChY, 15th Aug, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

Safe tips for long term growth? Easy:

BHP
    RIO
    WOW
    Big four banks - any of them.

2. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

I wonder, why would you buy a stock (OSH) which is doing nothing almost a year (sideways move) :eek:... unless you can trade it.:p
    Not every recommendation / tip is correct. Anyway...it's up to you. ;)

Attached Files:

3. redrover

redrover Well-Known Member

Any one have LEI or IPL over the last 12 months? 100% increase on both, no need to trade, just needed to sit back and watch. Wonder why they were not included in NI portfolio of stocks, large companies not likely to go broke!

4. TheCamel

TheCamel Active Member

redrover, i jsut bought LEI yesterday, and I was wondering on peoples thoughts on it..

5. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

I had a friend recommend Qantas some time back as it was channeling and he was having fun trading it, when to buy and sell would still be an issue though as temptation is always there

6. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

That's O.K if you can trade channels, assuming that you do have a system telling you when to buy and sell. This may not apply to buy-hold strategy. ;)
    Yep...temptation is always there :D

7. cheeyeen

cheeyeen Member

I like QBE.

8. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

ASX and CBA have done okay of late for me as have CUO and IMI (Monday could be totally different though)

9. Sk3tChY

Sk3tChY Well-Known Member

CBA haven't done anything for me.

One week they're up, the next they're down. They've been acting like a see-saw ever since I got em, but i'd say this is just because of the markets volatility atm, hopefully they'll start to pull thru soon.

10. voigtstr

voigtstr Well-Known Member

I'm looking further into PDN, BMN, BNB basically high growth rather than high income (navra can assist with income when I need it after I've bought the next property)

Once the cash clears into Etrade I'll start double checking broker recommendations on The Australian Stock Report and see if they align with my watchlist. PDN and BMN are up 12% since I added them to my watchlist on the 7th of this month. BNB looks like it has a lot of upside and is currently priced well because of the sub prime mess, but isnt materially effected by it.

I'll make my mind up overnight and buy in to one of the stocks tomorrow.

11. Sweet

Sweet Member

So i found this stock thats heavily traded but is only $0.6c at the moment. It used to be $1.00 about 10 years ago. But I wonder if I simply bought it at 0.6c and then immediately sold for 0.7c, which is represented by the current market depth? Would I have trouble having my order met? I mean whats to stop me making an immediate 16.67% gain on this trade using a simple buy/sell strat?

12. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I think you misunderstand what you are seeing in the market depth screen.

You don't get to arbitrarily choose the price AND the time that your trade completes at. You either choose the time "at market", which means your trade will complete now at the current price, or you choose "at price", which means you trade will wait until the market is ready for it (which could conceivably never happen!).

If trades are currently completing at 0.6c, then you might be able to buy at this price, but you won't be able to sell at 0.7c unless someone is prepared to pay that much. Conversely, if trades are currently completing at 0.7c, you won't be able to buy at 0.6c!

13. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

https://www.sanford.com.au/sanford/Public/Services/Demo/MarketDepth.asp
    ;)