Anyone heard of the Better Business Institute?

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by jenpalex, 4th Sep, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jenpalex

jenpalex Active Member

On Sunday I attended a seminar in Canberra given by Peter Sun of the Better Business Institute. They seem to be selling products aimed at improving the performance of small businesses particularly in the sales and marketing area.

I was quite impressed. There was enough substance in the talk and examples to suggest they might have something to offer. So far the selling strategy has seemed low key, indicating to me confidence in their product.

A big drawback, however is the high entry price- $60K minimum, albeit possibly part deferrable by purchase on credit.

Has anybody on Invested had any experience of them? If good, post; if bad, contact me privately.

Paul Mason

2. quoll

quoll Member

Yep I've heard of them.

They are similar to Action International, but they don't charge as much or nag you as much. You can get a similar level of information by buying the books from Amazon or Ebay.

The mentoring is nothing special and not much face to face contact but the information in the books is pretty good. I've read the books that what's his name from Action International writes which are really aimed at selling Action Int business coaching. I bought them on Amazon. The Action guys seem to what to meet often and they charge $20k where as the BBI is only $5k probably on see him 4 times.

For me none of them had good examples that really fit my needs. They where helpful and good reading.

Cheers
    quoll

3. jenpalex

jenpalex Active Member

Thanks for that quoll. If it isn't too much trouble could you post up some book titles that you have found useful?

thanks again,

Paul Mason

4. MattR

MattR Well-Known Member

FWIW, there are many articles and free info on the web for business owners to access for ideas on just about all aspects of business, but particularly sales and marketing.

For my mind, the trick is to make a simple plan and stick to it. Its amazing what sticking to a plan makes you do.

Paying a mentor to sit by you while you do that is often a waste of money.

5. quoll

quoll Member

Last edited by a moderator: 17th Sep, 2016
  6. MattR

MattR Well-Known Member

Aaaaah...the E Myth by the Gerbil:D:D Highly recommend this book ~ its an oldie but a goodie.

Something about Brad Sugars though that just rubs me up the wrong way.

7. jenpalex

jenpalex Active Member

Many thanks for replying quoll. I will go away and have a look.

Paul

8. quoll

quoll Member

Agree

The info is not new, it's good old common sense, but they do give you a list of things to look at and can help. The list can be found in other books but the Brad Sugars stuff is easier to find, it gets marketed better.

This is a public forum ....... I'm careful what I say.
    I wouldn't pay for his coaching.

cheers
    quoll

9. Triu

Triu Well-Known Member

Don't pay for Mal Emery Coaching either! talks alot but does not offer any real solutions!

10. Abby_h

Abby_h New Member

Better Business Institute - Peter Sun

Hello Paul,

My parents have just been to one of his seminars in Brisbane recently and are doing a little research to before they sign up.
    Can I ask if you went through with it, and if so, was it successful?
    If not, why?

It would be a great help.
    THanks
    Abby

11. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

I actually know someone who's just started with the BBI and so far she's going great guns- I think you need to have a business background and great selling and communication skills to succeed, based on what she's told me.

As for mentors, like MattR, I believe in plans (mine has been modified many times since I started and I am the queen of lists!!) but having a listening ear on the side is really helpful and does tend to keep you focused.

Staying in business is as much about self motivation as anything else, and the love of what you do :D

12. Abby_h

Abby_h New Member

More Info

Hey Jacque,
    That's great news that your friend is doing well. Do you think you could provide more informatio on her progress, or see if she could leave a message about her experience.
    Thanks
    Abby

13. Mike54

Mike54 New Member

Better Business Institute

Hi,

I am new to this forum and have stumbled on it researching Better Business Institute.

Much appreciated if anyone else can add some "meat" to it. Attended a seminar presented recently, and I am not too sure how many "levels" are there, etc. Good or bad experience, I like to hear them.

Thanks

14. karensaid

karensaid New Member

Some people maybe interested to check out :)

www.BetterBusinessInstituteConsumerForum.com

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia