anyone out there

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by daneb7, 28th Aug, 2011.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. daneb7

daneb7 New Member

hi im 18 and looking into getting into multiple income streams.
    web businesses etc:
    i think green is the next boom if it isnt already but am not limited to that.
    wondering if theres anyone out there, wanting to bounce ideas off each other, get into a partnership etc:
    im new to this so anyones opinions on anything are welcome too.
    preferably around my age..

cheers

2. Johny_come_lately

Johny_come_lately Well-Known Member

Hi daneb7,

I think the best investment you can make at your age, is an education. You could go the Uni/Tafe direction or pursue private study. When you have a wage coming through, you can fund a micro-business. It will be hard to create a new concept with computers. There a many clever tech heads in India and China who are making innovative programs.

You could build up some capital and buy into a franchise.

What plans do you have?

Johny. :)

3. daneb7

daneb7 New Member

thanks mate.
    yeah well i have just started the 3rd year of my bricklaying apprenticeship which is only a 3 yr apprenticeship so at the end of next year i plan on starting my own brickworks company, low start-up cost.
    i also want to get into buildingh/developing units/apartments etc: i think with environmentally friendly being all the rage now that perhaps a bricklaying/building company with a gearing towards high energy rating/environmentally friendly work.
    also looking for ways to get iunto multiple streams of income. do NOT want to work for others. cheers

4. Johny_come_lately

Johny_come_lately Well-Known Member

I am not much into the housing industry, so you probably know more than me.
    Best find an area that needs expanding and find someone to give you a startup.

As for multiple income streams, you have time on your side. Pick a number, (say 15). Take 15 percent out of your pre-tax wage every fortnight and invest it. Have your 15% automatically transferred by your bank. That way you will never see it, or spend it. As your wage goes up, so does the amount you invest. You will be supprised how much you can accumulate in a decade.

Johny. :)