Join our investing community

Articles

Discussion in 'Help & Feedback' started by Alan, 4th Mar, 2006.

1. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Hi Sim.

Any idea when the Part 4 and 5 LOE articles will be out?

:)

2. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

not soon enough alan.

3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

Part 4 is in final editing stages now - I'm hoping to get it out within the next week.

Part 5 is still being written - will be quite a while longer.

I will be making some announcements in the next couple of days in regards to our plans for the next few months and what this means for our existing members (it will be good). Stay tuned.

4. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

cool, looking forward to chapter 4 :)

5. jscott

jscott Well-Known Member

whats the lastest Sim. Been checking back here every day to see your announcement, but nothing yet........ :D

6. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Team InvestEd

It's in the final stages of editing and will be released real soon! It's a corker, hang in there. Watch out for it this week.

Cheers
    N.

7. jscott

jscott Well-Known Member

thanks nigel. looking forward to it (LOE article).... what I was more referring to was Sim's post of announcing whats happening with InvestEd in the near future? It doesn't matter whether its ready or not or even if its months off, would be just good to know what we are going to get with InvestEd?

8. Simon Hampel

Ahh - I'd forgotten I'd posted that - sorry.

I was going to make an announcement, but then decided to hold off for a bit while we waited for a few things to get sorted out (Steve eye problems are still a big issue, as is his continuing hectic schedule!!).

We're still finalising out plans for the next few months - once things have settled down a bit, we'll have a much better idea about what we are going to be able to achieve.

In the meantime, enjoy the forum, and the very-soon-to-be-released LOE part 4.

9. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Hi Sim.

Additional article ideas?

You may like to see if Steve would like to do a brief article on his new 'tax structure'..........

10. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

C'mon Sim.........:p

I need something good to read like that as a break rather than a couple of other documents I'm currently having to wade though..... ;) :)

11. Simon Hampel

Yup, Nigel and I have been working on the numbers in the article to make sure they all add up ... I won't promise, but I will try my hardest to get it out today.

12. Simon Hampel

13. jscott

jscott Well-Known Member

Hi Sim, Its been nearly quarter of a near now since you first mentioned you'd be letting us all know of your plans for invested - still waiting. I know I'm a pain, but you did say you'd let us all know long ago.
    From my point of view I'd just like to know what you've got planned for the site - you've built it up to be a big thing we are waiting for... the suspense...
    I think we all know running something like InvestEd is a large amount of work - but you don't tell your customers that.
    Maybe the delays are due to Steve's operation and the U.S. release etc. which is fair enough.
    Other than that the forum in general is great. Does InvestEd have any sort of plans to attract new members? :D

14. Simon Hampel

We're kind of in a holding pattern at the moment until Steve is back on deck. I'm about 80% of the way towards finishing a complete rebuild of the site (and I mean complete) ... something I've been working on for nearly 3 months now.

Our plans definately do involve attracting new members - that's kind of critical to our continuing efforts. As much as I enjoy the little group we have here now, the site really needs to grow if it is going to meet any of our goals.

In Steve's absense, we've been doing a lot of analysing and planning over the last couple of months - but until Steve is fully back on deck, there is nothing to announce yet. Sorry.

As soon as Steve is well enough to talk about these things, I will be sitting down with him and finalising our plans for the next stage of development of InvestEd.

Thanks for your interest :D

15. jscott

jscott Well-Known Member

ok thanks Sim.
    One thing - I just posted over on Nigel's thread about his new lazy equity spreadsheet - it would be great to have a section on InvestEd to store these things. Like a tools page or something. Easier than searching thru posts.
    Jason.

16. Simon Hampel

... and as I mentioned over on that thread ... this is definitely in the plan :D

If there are any other such tools or simulators you'd like to see, please let us know. I'd like to eventually have a suite of tools available, either as downloadable spreadsheets, or as online tools you can use to model situations and track your investments.

Perhaps we should start a new thread about this.

17. jscott

jscott Well-Known Member

Thought I'd bump this thread up again to see what the plans for InvestEd are?