Auditing Informations - Assistance

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by buzzlightyear, 1st Dec, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear Member

Ok, this is a strange request.

For all those auditors out there, what trends are you seeing in fees?

Are there pricing differences between

* capital cities in Australia
    * industries
    * size of client
    * how is globalisation reducing costs (if at all)
    * regulatory impacts on governance / compliance
    * shortage of auditors/ skilled personnel

Of course, I am doing a bit of research myself.

Why I am asking you ask? Well, I was asked to come back to a Finance Director with some negotiation strategies and market intelligence around the fee environment and the posible mitigation of any proposed fee increases. And I know little about this area.

Trying to become an expert over the weekend for some feedback to him on Monday :eek: Thanks

2. DaveA__

DaveA__ Well-Known Member

u have seemed to have got it most of the head...

about a 20% difference between auditors between different states... (ie sydney compared to SA) even melborune is cheaper than Sydney...

Huge shortage of CA or CPA qualified accountants and thats why they demand such big money. However on an junior level there is plenty of staff...

Size of client = bigger accounting firm (becasue of reliance on internal audit systems and smaller firms usually struggle to test these)

It seems that your boss should be employing a consultant to give this research, not a normal employee who doesnt have the knowledge or skill set to be away of industry trates...

3. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear Member

DaveA, too true, however many thanks for your reply. It will be helpful...

4. taxstar

taxstar Member

If your finance director is that concerned about cost, you may want to put this out to tender and let the competitive market determine the price.

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.