LIC & LIT Australian Leaders Fund LTD (ALF)

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Nodrog, 18th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

2. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

3. BingoMaster

BingoMaster Well-Known Member

I had been in this one for a little while (switched over from WMK a while back), but have recently sold. I was getting a little less comfortable with holding a hedge fund of this style, with such high fees. Some people at the PropertyChat forum were beginning to rub off on me, I guess. I still think they're potentially very good managers, however I was sitting on a bit of a profit and the price kept going up despite the NTA not doing so.

And another 5 cents is coming out of the NTA with the next dividend. I suspect it will drop sharply after the next dividend, just like CDM did after its premium got very large. People were holding on for the dividend, it seemed.

If it gets to better value again, I may buy back in. Probably never be a very large part of my portfolio, but just as an "alternative" kind of asset, and to get some extra yield.

4 people like this.
  4. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

@bingomaster,

Did you see the new QV Income thread. I know you were interested. Good news on the fees.

2 people like this.
  5. BingoMaster

BingoMaster Well-Known Member

I did indeed! Glad to hear the fees aren't going to be overly high :) Very nice to get some info on it here, as there hasnt been anything on the website yet.

2 people like this.