Bear Market Rally Over?

Discussion in 'Sharemarket News & Market Analysis' started by Chris C, 7th May, 2010.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

2. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

"If anyone subscribes to the "be greedy when others are fearful" analogy I think now would be as good as anything time to be buying".

So...are you buying? :eek:

3. Chris C

Nope... I don't subscribe to the analogy. There are lots of people scared at the top of the fall... doesn't mean it can't fall further.

:D

I only mentioned it because I know there are people on these forums who seem to like to buy whenever there is a sizeable fall because it provides a good buying opportunity if you're "investing for the long term"... which is another analogy I don't really subscribe to.

4. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Good thinking 99...;)
    Standing aside is a position. :cool:

5. BillV

BillV Well-Known Member

I doubt it, considering the mess the western world is in, and the resources tax, it no longer makes sense to buy.
    If the markets don't go down further I'm not buying.
    I'd rather pay down my loans

6. Chris C

Good strategy - but if the rest of the market has the same idea at the same time then we'll be seeing asset price deflation anyway, in that you can't grow a credit bubble if everyone is paying down debt...

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia