Before/After Market Open/Closes

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Lam Thieu, 15th Nov, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lam Thieu

Lam Thieu Well-Known Member

Are there things which investors/traders normally do before and after the market opens/closes.

I've read that many people have rituals....like they wake up in the morning and check US indices and Dow Jones...etc.

What's your ritual.....or what are some of the things which you should do before and after the market opens.

Is there a website which shows the performance around the world (epsecially the US) and suggest how it'll impact the australian market???

2. evisional

evisional Well-Known Member

3. coopranos

coopranos Well-Known Member

4. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

First I am having a few beers (Breakfast of Champions :D:D:D)
    Next I am checking US market and depends on what I see on the screen I smoke cigarettes all day long OR half a meter long cigars.
    Is the above of any help to you ?:eek::eek::eek:

5. Dr Lobster

Dr Lobster Well-Known Member

I like a comment in van tharp's book, something along the lines of when the market is up ppl have a tendancy to look for the reasons why it went up and vice a versa, rather than what actually happened in its entirety.

6. bundy1964

bundy1964 Well-Known Member

I mostly look at CNN and Bloomberg first thing in the morning. Breakfast and read of the paper, always give the Sudoko a run for it's money. Log into Directshares and read the morning predition, on market open it's either sit on my hands or look for something to add. Currently need around a 2.5% market rise before I am back buying. Mostly go out for a long lunch and check on the markets with a Blackberry. Pick up my mail on the way home. Check if my guess was right for the days profit/loss and read forums. I used to check the open of the US markets and what Europe was up to but with daylight saving it gets a bit late to bother unless I spend too long playing games or chatting to someone.