Best Buffet Value stock in Australia

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by James 200, 27th Aug, 2010.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. James 200

James 200 Jimmy

Value investing is all about buying something for less than it is worth. With a focus on PER, Price/Book and dividend yeild what is the best bargain stock in Australia and why? Lets see if we can uncover some quality stocks to profit from.

2. New Trader

New Trader Member

FML without a doubt:)

3. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

-9.4% return over 10 years... I'm pretty sure warren would look past this low cap specie mining stock.

:D

4. New Trader

New Trader Member

Should have read the heading RE Buffett
    But my portfoilio is being propped up by this little gem.

5. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

FML

What a dog !! :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

6. New Trader

New Trader Member

Yep what a dog:p
    I bought in at 3.2c aug last year sold at 7.6 oct bought back 3.6 a few weeks back, and sold half today at 6.0
    Yep a dog

7. New Trader

New Trader Member

BTW the heading states buying below value.
    This stock (if you bothered to look at fundamentals) is way under valued.
    Take 10 mins to peruse their website rather than draw a line on a chart:rolleyes:

8. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

"(if you bothered to look at fundamentals"

fundamentals = funnymentals :cool:

9. New Trader

New Trader Member

10. wdongli

wdongli Well-Known Member

dog, swan, value, and margin of safety!

What do the value investment really targets? The margin between the price and value.

What are the value of the dog, swan, and anything in the market? Everything should have some value if it doesn't close the door. Dog could be value investment target if you pay less than its value. Swan could be speculation target.

It should not be a matter what you buy but how much you pay for what you buy. Why do we need the margin of the safety? It is because value investors should try no loss but only profit and the better the bigger the profit.

Anyone if he could get consistent profit in long time, should be a value investor. I trade the dog to get this margin of safety. I don't know how to read the financial statement properly so far but I still believe naturally I am a value investor.

Value investor look for the value in normal time, get the value when people put the value on the fire, hold for the herd to change mind and look for beauty again, and sell for enoughness.

Selling should not be the value matter but about wise speculation for better results. Some prefer to sell when the price is the same as their guess of the value. Some prefer to sell for mania. Some see the profit turn into break-even or get the loss.