Managed Funds Best fund performance

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by redrover, 12th Feb, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. redrover

redrover Well-Known Member

Sim

Can you list percentage wise YTD which of your funds has performed the best and how they stack up against Navra at the current 10.79% YTD. Trying to work out where Navra stands when ranked against its peers.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

(I moved this to a new thread to avoid taking the previous thread too far off topic)

Okay - financial-year-to-date performance (assuming reinvested distributions):

NavraInvest AUS Wholesale: 10.59%
    CFS Wholesale Property Securities: 37.36%
    CFS Wholesale Geared Share: 25.94%
    Platinum Asia: 20.04%

... but I wouldn't call these "peers" of NavraInvest - they are vastly different funds, with very different strategies and investing in different markets (except the Geared Share fund, which also invests in blue chip Australian shares, but uses internal leverage to get those results). I hold them all for different reasons.

Indeed, once I've fully invested to my target levels for my current set of funds, I plan to double my exposure to NavraInvest AUS fund (at that point it will be around 25% of my portfolio). I consider it my defensive fund - reliable and much less volatile than the rest of my portfolio (which is quite aggressive and can be volatile). I feel more comfortable holding a range of aggressive growth funds when I've got NavraInvest "underwriting" the portfolio (producing regular income which I use to pay for the loan interest).

3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Actually, for comparison, I thought I would list the performance of some of the funds I watch that have not done as well as Navra AUS so far this year:

CFS Wholesale Global Resources: 5.27%
    Platinum International: 3.4%
    Platinum Japan: -2.34%
    Platinum International Brands: 9.47%

4. hillsguy

hillsguy Well-Known Member

My wife and I have looked at several capital growth funds last year but decided that property is still the right vehicle for capital growth in the long term given our SANF.:cool:

We are heavily invested in the Navra wholesale fund to help fund the shortfall with interest re-payments on our IP's. The structure works very well.

I do many times wander if we should be diversifying some of the capital we have with Navra into some of these capital growth funds vs investing in more IP's. Anyone else been in this situation ?

PS - I do not wish to enter the shares vs property debate.