Best Seminars?

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Takestock, 15th Sep, 2005.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Takestock

Takestock Well-Known Member

What do you regard as the best investment/motivation seminar you have attended?

I regard Steve Navra and Peter Spann's seminars very highly. They got me off my backside about 5 years ago and I haven't looked back since. It was interesting to contrast the different presentation styles, however, the underlying message was the same.

Cheers

2. Alan__

Alan__ Well-Known Member

That's interesting TS.

I've never been to a Peter Spann Seminar.

How would you describe the differences in presentation style?

:)

3. Takestock

Takestock Well-Known Member

Hi Alan,

The basics of increasing wealth through quality asset accumulation (property, shares and managed funds) are similar, although Peter Spann also advocates share and option trading. The main difference was in presentation style - Peter Spann (certainly a few years ago) was very much the entertainer and showman using loud music and some touchy feely stuff, whereas Steve Navra was a more down to earth presenter using wit and anecdote to maintain interest. Both were effective. I suppose some people would enjoy one presentation style over the other. I enjoyed both.

Cheers

4. Jenny__

Jenny__ Well-Known Member

The best seminar I have attended was Steve's. The only seminar I have attended is Steve's. Attended twice - the first time I went to Sydney with a friend, and went back to the next seminar with a gang of relatives and friends.

I came home from that first seminar realising that I had struck pure gold. Told my husband that he had to come and listen for himself (I do all the groundwork and when I feel to go ahead with something I run it by him). Then if we both have that gut feeling that this is for us, we go ahead.

We are very down to earth people. Just give me pure information backed up by concrete research in a comfortable environment with good coffee available. :) No glitzy showmanship please. Although I did find Steve's presentation engaging and infused with humour.

We are not renovators or value adders - so Steve's strategy using quality property and blue chip shares suits us perfectly. We are lazy investors.

Very thankful that at last we have found a way to financially ensure our future.

It's horses for courses. (ofcourse!). and is just my opinion.

Very tempted to attend again to check out this Nick M dude and begin my education re trusts. :)

Very much enjoying the journey.

Jenny