best way 2 sell

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by leroy, 20th Feb, 2011.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. leroy

leroy New Member

Hello,
    I have a property for sale its a 100 acre farm with a house on it ,its currently being used as a horse stud but was previously used to run cattle ,its 90 mins from Sydney at a village called Bullio in the Southern Highlands i have enlisted the services of Century 21 Mittagong to sell it and it has been advertised for 6 mths with only 2 people coming to inspect it ,they have it on the internet sites Domain and Realestate.com but i think it needs to reach a larger market as it would be perfect for someone in Sydney who would like a weekender in the country only 90 mins away that they could run 20 to 30 cattle and get tax breaks, my accountant calls them 'Pit street farmers'.so i was wondering if anyone can help me with some advise as to where i could reach this market ?

2. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Hi Leroy

Firstly be assured your ad is reaching the Sydneysiders- realestate and domain are the two main portals so it's not as though they're not seeing it. However it sounds as though you need to pitch to your audience better if you've had so few enquiries. Talk to your agent about how this can be achieved and best of luck with the sale.

3. BillV

BillV Well-Known Member

Leroy
    What Jacque said.
    How much do you want for it and have you got the link to domain?

4. leroy

leroy New Member

Hello,
    Thanks Jacque i will have a chat to my real estate agent about marketing it to a wider audience and maybe list it with another one .The link to Domain Billy is http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Sale/Rural/NSW/Bullio/?adid=2008423686 and as you will see i am asking $655k for my property but its negotiable ,i've just put it on a free real estate site called Privatesale.com and i think my ad is much better than the real estate agents ad, the link for it is PrivateSell.com.au . And after i told my real estate agent i was putting my property on web sites and getting another agent to try to sell it she rang back the next day and said she had someone who just called and wants to inspect my property this weekend ,funny how a bit of competition gets people moving.

5. BillV

BillV Well-Known Member

leroy

I like your description better :)
    I don't know why some REA's don't put much effort in the writing of the property description.

I'm also listing 1 property at present and I'm not happy with the description or the effort they've put into the whole process.

Not to worry, the selling contract expires soon (I gave them 6 weeks) so like yourself I'll be looking at other options

Cheers

6. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

With RE ad copy you always have the right to approve the ad before it goes live- simply ask your agent and they won't have a problem with it. Its your advertising money, after all :)