Bill Zheng mentor seminars

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by curious kate, 28th Mar, 2009.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. curious kate

curious kate New Member

Hi, just joined.

Want info about Bill Zheng mentor seminars.
    Is it true that "mentor" is a code word for "sucker" and when someone gleefully reports finding a mentor, what they really mean is they've found the sucker willing to part with their hard-earned?

I mean these seminars discuss topics like "how to acquire property without using your own money" (don't have to be a genius to work that one out) and "it's business, don't take it personally" (why're you upset now that I have your money)

Thanks for any replies

2. Saskatoon

Saskatoon Well-Known Member

Hi Kate, a mentor is someone who provides guidance, not the person being guided.
    You can find articles by Bill Zheng on Michael Yardney's Property Investment Update.
    Whether a seminar would give you more info. than these I cannot say!

Terry

3. GregReid

GregReid Well-Known Member

Kate,
    He is an interesting speaker. Like anyone you need to work out where he makes his money. The small fee to attend really just covers costs I would expect. He adds people to his database and will sign some people for his mortgage broking service. From memory he does offer the mentor program but I cannot comment on how good it is.

I have not used his services although a couple of clients of mine who have met his team and were assessed initially, were a little unsure why they used their own white label lenders at slightly higher interest rates than normal lenders. This may be unfair as it may be because of their own circumstances.

As I said, he is an interesting speaker and I have been to a number of his seminars

4. TryHard

TryHard Well-Known Member

I think Bill is an excellent speaker, a logical thinker, and you definitely take something away from any of his seminars. He is definitely in touch with the mortgage market and global economics, and can explain these evils quite well.

The last couple I thought the add-ons and money-makers were a bit 'desperate' (people were expected to clamour round on the floor picking up 10 cent pieces to show they 'attract' money, and I found it a bit sad, but whatever rocks your boat I suppose). At the more recent one I attended he wheeled out a scottish woman who was pretty questionable (check somersoft threads for the description of her not-quite-verified history) but she seems to have disappeared from the mix (she was suggested to be one of Bill's own very highly paid expensive mentors).

I think the idea of a mentor is excellent - someone to push your boundaries etc. check out stuff like :
    mentor - Business news, business advice and information for Australian SMEs | SmartCompany

but I would be really careful choosing one and make sure they can show they will be worthwhile for your specific needs, or otherwise make you confident they are right for you, other than just saying "I cost a huge amount so I MUST be good"

Cheers :)

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia