BKP: All About how big oil in the shale rock!

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by wdongli, 9th Mar, 2011.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wdongli

wdongli Well-Known Member

BKP today started to challenge its yearly height. The volume is huge, which shows that a lot of bargain hunters want to lock the profit at least from their new allotted SPP shares or clean up their table for their so called free-ride. Understand their intention but do feel they are short-sight.

1. BKP's shale oil asset is company maker if the oil could be confirmed.

2. Do you believe this oil with how much feeling about the probability?

3. 10 baggers need gut as any big winning must be.

4. All of shooting up or down would make fears in the market. Shooting up would let the people fear they would lose the profit. Shooting down would let the people fear they could be trapped. What cause the up or down? Is it significant the force to drive the up/down? Is it spike? How much risk would want to take for your expected profit?

5. I believe the oil is there and feel the horizontal drilling if it could change SSN's fate in US and the oil is there, would get the oil out. The similar geological structure as the Bakken in US should have great probability to get the oil.

6. A lot of people say you could not gamble but life is about make and all of making if valuable should have a lot of uncertain things or a lot of things the mom and dad could not see. Don't let you loss destroy all in your market playing.

I hold for the oil and then I would hold for the drilling. I would bet on until I see BKP has been made or broken by this lovely shale oil! I would hold it like I held for FDL(FMS), PRR, SSN, AZZ...

If the oil is there, it should be big; if it is big, it should a life turning point of BKP; if it is its life turning point, it would lock my next year's profit target into my bank; if no oil there, too many people wrong and they would be much more wrong than me. If it came back to $0.005, I just play a potential great game which unfortunately is sum-zero one and I still get a lot to enjoyment.

Last edited by a moderator: 9th Mar, 2011
  2. wdongli

They are smart money to get the position

It seems the driving force for up is the smart venture money rather than small bargain hunters; the selling force is the bargain hunters, traders, and momentum players. The smart venture money could be long-term or short term holders but should be strategic players. The traders are mostly the pattern followers and the active profit and loss stoppers. The bargain hunters with strategic view and belief of the shale oil would hold to extend their winning at the potential cost to get into another zero-sum profit game.

Who is right? By following the winds and fads, the traders and momentum players are the best. By catching the big profit with affordable risks, the smart money do better. By making killing with a lot of small failures, bargain hunters always play the most important part. Who are you? I am a bargain hunter with the desire to think strategically and probably and would like to let my winners to grow until I turn to feel enough for the risks or profit.

Last edited by a moderator: 9th Mar, 2011
  3. wdongli

BKP: its answers to ASX Queries

The price to more than $0.025 forced BKP have to answer some questions a usual from ASX. Just feel very interest the reasons BKP gave out: the report of the SPP closing by "Proactive Investors." Baraka Petroleum closes A$9.15m SPP to fund Southern Georgina Basin exploration - Proactiveinvestors (AU)

1. BKP closes A$9.15m SPP to fund "Southern Georgina Basin" exploration

2. The consultants Ryder Scott highlighted the prospective nature of Baraka's interests, and stated:

'The Southern Georgina Basin, onshore Australia, hosts high quality source beds and potential conventional and unconventional reservoir rocks.

'We believe that this basin is one of the most prospective onshore basins in Australia with potential for both very large conventional and unconventional oil and gas deposits.'

PetroFrontier Corp (CVE: PFC) is Baraka's joint venture partner in the basin, with Baraka holding a carried undivided 25% working interest up to completion of a minimum of 500 meters of horizontal drilling into the Basel Arthur Creek Shale.

PetroFrontier has the potential to become a producer in 2011, and has a market capitalisation of around C$160 million - versus Baraka's market valuation of A$34 million.

Baraka also retains an undivided 75% working interest in approximately 75 square kilometres around the Elkedra-7 well on EP 127, where previous drilling has indicated oil shows.

This zone could be of significant value in the event of a discovery and Baraka may wish to pursue its increased interest in this area in accordance with the joint venture terms, and the additional capital will be essential in that event.

3. Post the SPP Baraka will be in a very strong position to meet any potential obligations for further exploration and / or production wells resulting from the first drilling program.

4. These new funds will prevent the dilution of interests if Baraka is called upon for resources by their partners.

This includes if Baraka is required to participate in any of the additional 20 possible wells the company's partners recently alluded to in reports.

4. wdongli

BKP: Force Majeure - A Risk in the market

BKP today told market that its partner advised a Force Majeure Notice for its EP127 and EP128 in the Southern Georgina Basin. It shocked the market and about 110milliion shares changed hand and a lot traders run away as quick as they could.

I like the word, Force Majeure very much, which shows the things that is out of anyone's control and could change the course of the future development. Have you heard the story about Black Swans? In the market there are a lot of black swans when they appear they hurt and reward the market players greatly. However this Force Majeure seems not one could change anything in fundamental base of BKP and its partners who strike to get the oil from this Basin. This Georgina Basin are still a untouched basin with the similar geological features of Baken Basin in US which has changed some small oilers' future forever.

The SPP closing shot BKP's price to $0.03, which shew the potential and the understanding of the market to the potential. No any 10 baggers would be made without retreating of its price during the formation of the 10 baggers. How many bargain hunters who dared to buy Fdl at or below $0.01 could hold and lock the profit at $0.24 around? How many bargain hunters who dared to buy Prr at $0.01 or below could hold until it reached to $0.26? How many bargain hunters could hold FMG from $0.10 to $10? Some looking-bad events would happen and the market players have to think the impact of these events fundamentally.

We need to know the truth of the vital few matters to our shares. I would not sell until the first result of the drilling could be seen. BKP is one I would hold for the huge oil or little oil. In the market we could keep to buy some dirty-cheap fishes but not too many which you could buy at extremely low and later you find it has all of the elements to shoot up. We should not bet on all but we could not let a 10 baggers passed by in our hands since we are fearful based on our week guts.

Some have some great ideas but have not the guts. Some have the guts but have not ideas and don't understand what is strategically important. Some have great ideas and guts but never be lucky enough. All of them could not get 10 baggers or could not get enough number of 10 baggers to change their financial future.

I could not control my lucks but I could get my gut and get some great ideas. BKP is one of candidates of 10 baggers in the market. If I let it go before it is a 10 baggers I would be very regret even the cost could be very high if no oil at all!

5. wdongli

BKP: Force Majeure in Georgina basin

Force Majeure in Georgina basin - Upstream Online

[​IMG]

Australian company Petrofrontier has declared a force majeure due in part to flooding caused by a cyclone which struck the Australian state of Queensland earlier this year.

Upstream staff 10 March 2011 04:15 GMT

Petrofrontier, formerly known as Georgina Basin Energy, operates a joint venture with Australia-based Baraka Petroleum on tenements EP 127 and EP 128 in the Southern Georgina basin in Australia’s Northern Territory.

In a letter to joint venture partner Baraka Petroleum, Petrofrontier said it would be unable to spud the MacIntyre 2H well in the first quarter of this year as the companies had previously agreed.

Poor ground conditions in the area caused by factors including the passage of what was then ex-Tropical Cyclone Yasi had led to delays in the site environmental survey and cultural clearance on the access roads, Petrofrontier said.

Both of these were needed to secure the approval of the Northern Territory Government.

The company had also been unable to start preliminary earthworks on the access road or drilling lease, as the ground required what it called “a significant period to dry out sufficiently.”

In turn, these delays had compounded problems caused by floods in Queensland which delayed the assembly and transport of the rig being constructed for the Georgina Basin program.

Further to this, the rig is a heavy, wide load that requires special permits for transit on Queensland roads, none of which are being issued until the roads are inspected following the January flooding, Petrofrontier said.

“ At this time we cannot commence necessary preparatory works in the MacIntyre area and do not expect to be able to commence them for some time due to local flooding and saturated ground conditions,” the company wrote.

With even small vehicle access impossible at this time, the company said it hoped environmental reports and cultural clearances would be completed over the next two weeks with the use of a helicopter.

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.